two.

My hands were shaking while I walked to the church with my parents this morning

My hands were shaking while I walked to the church with my parents this morning. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind, my eyes were constantly staring down at the pavement while my parents mumbled to each other about the Fundraiser. This fundraiser was a big one that the church did once a year and it was for the homeless shelter around this area.

The Father of the church was a very selfless man, I had never really talked to him one and one before and he was always one of those who was easy to talk too from what I heard. My parents have talked  to him several times, but I never stuck around after church. I always booked it back home.

He was young too, which was rare for the catholic churches. I was shocked that we had gotten a new Father after the last one had suddenly quit. No one had said anything about it either and no one really knew the reason why he had left.

When we got to the church, there was a small crowd around the staircase with tables and bags of donations. The Fundraiser was tomorrow and it was important that we set up the day before. Mainly people coming with their cooked dishes and bags of clothes to donate to the shelter.

Zayn stood at the doorway with Nathan while Grace was loading bags into the truck that was parked on the side of the street. My parents were already talking to their friends that were setting up tables while I stood by. I was nearly paralyzed, thinking I couldn't move from my spot. How could I?

It was written all over my face, I felt like everyone knew that what we did. I gulped down slowly as I walked up the stairs, passing Zayn without saying a word. Nathan had a weird look on his face, he knew it wasn't like me to not say hi.

I was always a easy going person, super easy to talk too and always kind, but today was just one of those days where I wanted to get done what needed to be done and get out as fast as possible.

As I walked down the Aisle of the church benches near the stage, I felt someone grab my arm from behind me and I looked back to see him.

It was Zayn again.

"Hey," He smiled softly at me, scratching the back of his head, "I, um... I just wanted to say hey."

"Yeah," I mumbled, rubbing my arm carefully, "Hi."

"Did you sleep okay last night?"

"I don't really have time to talk right now, Zayn, I'm sorry. I have stuff I gotta do," I whispered as I took a step back, "We can talk later."

"Right," Zayn nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets, "Well, If you need any help just-"

"Hey, Zayn! Can you come help us unload these tables?" Nathan called out, looking between us with a curious eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second," He nodded as he looked at me then walked away, "I'll talk to you later." He mumbled as he left the building, the front doors slamming shut behind him.