three.

We had a busy morning this morning, I was cooking all morning while my mom and dad were trying to make the cakes for the fundraiser

We had a busy morning this morning, I was cooking all morning while my mom and dad were trying to make the cakes for the fundraiser. It was always hectic around this time of year because of how huge this fundraiser was. Almost the entire town came to donate and of course we had games and prizes as well.

We didn't get to the fundraiser until half past 9am, which was late for us. I rushed to put everything on the table and set up drinks to go with it, not minding anyone else who was around me. Grace had said hey and I just gave a small nod while I was setting up my table.

There were always so many people here and it gave me anxiety to be around this many people, but I had to do it because it was a good thing to do. It was good to be here and it was for a even better cause.

Although, I was up late last night. I couldn't sleep that well again. Instead of thinking about Zayn all night, I was thinking about Father. About what had happened the day before. About how cool he was with everything. In any other circumstances, I would have been thrown out of the church and asked to never come back, but this Father was different. There was something about him that made me curious.

I was curious--Am curious.

That's how I ended up where I was before.

Being too curious.

"Hey, Anna! Wanna play a game?" One of the kids ran up to me with a bright smile, and it made me smile too. Seeing kids happy always made me really happy.

"Of course, Catherine," I put a hand on her shoulder, meeting her eye level, "What game would you like to play?" I looked around at all the games we had laid out around the courtyard, "Maybe tug of war?"

"Actually, me and my friends are playing hide n seek." She sang out, arms open wide as her arms wrapped around me, "You gotta find us though!"

"Hmmm..." I hummed, smirking at her, "You're on. I'll count to 20, alright?"

"Alright!" She squealed, running off as she sang, "Don't look though!"

I laughed as I closed my eyes and started counting in my mind, humming as I did so.

One

Two

Three

"Anna!" Grace walked over to me, "What're you doing?" She had a curious look on her face.

"Playing hide n seek." I hummed with my eyes still closed.

Four

Five

Six

"If you're playing hide n seek, you suck at this game. You're not even hiding," Gracie hugged her body as she squatted down to my height, "But if you're the seeker, I saw one of the kids go into the church."