twelve.

"Where have you been?"

Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I've had a long day at work and Gracie, Nathan, Michael and Harry were on their way over to move my stuff over to the new apartment.

Apparently Gracie had texted Zayn and asked if he could come help and he never texted back. I hadn't seen Zayn since Halloween and I was starting to get a little worried on what he was doing.

I missed me and Zayn's friendship, but I guess it was better off this way.

I was halfway up the steps, my hand that didn't get injured had a firm grip on the rail as I turned slowly to look at my mom who was standing at the end of the staircase.

"I texted you last night." I spoke slowly, "I stayed the night with Gracie."

"Why was your location off on your phone then? You always have your location on." Mom took a step up the stairs, her brows knitted together, "Don't try to make any kind of piss ass excuses either."

"My phone died. I didn't have my charger and Gracie didn't have an extra phone." I said shakily, "I have people coming over to help move my stuff over to the new apartment."

"Okay.... Alright." She scoffed, tilting her head as she backed away, "You have fun with that then. Cause I promise you that you're not gonna last a month on your own."

"Okay." I said as I turned away and walked up the stairs. My mom still stood at the end of the staircase until I had disappeared into my room.

I already had everything packed up and ready to load into the truck. The night that Mom had attacked me, I went upstairs and started to pack everything up. I wanted to get out of there as soon as I could and the fastest way to do that was to have my shit ready.

When I walked into my room, my mouth nearly dropped to the floor when I saw all of my clothes ripped up on my bed and my blanket was covered in dirt.

"What the—fuck!!" I screamed out, tears rising in my eyes as I clenched my jaw tightly. I turned on my heel and went back downstairs quickly, "Mom! What the fuck did you do to my clothes?!" I screamed out for her.

"Anna! You do not use that language in this house!" My mom stood from the couch with her fists clenched. I looked down at her hands, my anxiety rising in my chest.

"You ripped up all of my clothes?! All of my clothes?!? Are you fucking kidding me?! You're an evil person, Mom! An evil fucking witch!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I couldn't say I wasn't surprised, she had been cold towards me since I told her that I was moving out. But to stoop so low, to destroy all of my clothes—why would my mom do something like that to me?

She said nothing, but instead opted for grabbing the bible again. The same bible she had attacked me with prior to this. I saw her raise it to hit me with it and without hesitation, I grabbed the bible with both of my hands and pulled her to me in one motion.