sixty-five.

"Good morning class!" I clapped happily with a bright smile on my face, "I'm your new teacher, Ms

"Good morning class!" I clapped happily with a bright smile on my face, "I'm your new teacher, Ms. Camino and I'll be assigning your new Art projects to you all!"

I was so nervous for my first day. I didn't sleep that much last night for a mixture of things; one definitely being that I was home alone, two being that my nerves were getting the best of me to meet my new students.

I even came in earlier. Five in the morning, to be exact. The reason being that they really needed me to start as soon as possible and I didn't have time to decorate my new classroom.

Before I went home last night, I stopped at the store and bought a lot of colorful decorations to make the room pop with. It took two hours. By the time everyone was arriving at school it was when I finished. I couldn't forget to place some candies on everyone's desk; I desperately wanted them to like me.

"I placed some sweet treats on your desks, so if you're good, I'll let you have them while you're working on your art today. How does that sound, class?" I said enthusiastically.

"Yeah!"

"Yes, please!"

I chuckled, pointing towards the dry erase board as I showed them their project. I wanted to give an example of what to draw, or at least an idea. I had drawn a poorly made out drawing of an elephant.

"Today we are going to draw animals!" I smiled, "I drew an elephant. Isn't that cute?" I half chuckled, "I want you all to draw your favorite animal or your pet! Take your time, we will be working on this for the entire class. If you finish before class is over, just draw another."

When I gave them an approving nod, the students left their desks and went to the art counter where I placed out mixes of crayons, markers, and watercolor paint. I swallowed thickly, turning towards my desk in the back and sat down in my chair.

So far so good.

I just needed to learn everyone's names.

I did stand by the door this morning and greet everyone, all of them sharing their names with me as they walked into the classroom. There was a different kind of happiness in this type of job, it was a very good space for me to be in.

It was safe.

It was secure.

It was normal.

I was just a normal teacher.

Nobody here knew my past, nobody knew my family, and better yet; nobody knew who I was. At this school, I could start fresh and create an image of myself that I always wanted. I had a clean slate.

"Ms. Camino?"

I looked up from my papers to see little miss Abby who was standing by my desk. I knew who she was, given she was one of the only students that cared to wear a name tag that had bright colorful flowers on it.