seventy-six.

"I sold drugs to the cult

"I sold drugs to the cult."

Silence flooded the room, ice flooding my veins. I couldn't say that this wasn't my fault, or that I didn't see this coming. The boys had warned me of this, yet I stayed ignorant and played it off as long as I could. Anna, however, played the long game with me. I had to compliment her acting skills, I didn't suspect her to do anything like this.

Especially when she was just fucking me in my own car less than an hour ago.

When she first pulled the gun on me, I thought to myself that this was some kind of new kink she wanted to play with. But her eyes...it showed something that I couldn't decipher. I'd never seen her look at me that way. Through the months of hurt, love, and other emotions; they never showed the look she gave me when the gun kissed my skin.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" I scowled, flicking my gaze between the three of them, "That I'm a terrible fucking person? That I've been selling drugs to Angela this entire time?" I chuckled quietly, furrowing my brows as I stood to my feet, "You'd be correct, thinking that, but–,"

"Why?" Anna finally spoke for the first time in what seemed like...hours.

But her voice cracked and so did my chest. Hurting her was something that I never wanted to do. Her eyes hollowed with a glazed emotion. I lifted my foot to take a step towards her, only for the click of the gun to sound through the warehouse. My eyes widened for moments.

"You wouldn't shoot me." I said quietly, between us, like we were the only ones in the vicinity.

She said nothing, tongue pushing the inside of her cheek as her lips pursed. I scoffed lightly, turning my head back to see Niall and Pete still passed out in their seats. I almost sighed, but kept it to myself, the disappointment that flooded me of letting their guard down. How could they be so–,

"Why?" Anna pressed again, "Why did you lie to me? Why are you..." Her voice shook, anger building roughly in her words, "You're helping her kill people!"

I clenched my jaw roughly, snapping my head towards her.

"That's a serious accusation," I quipped, tilting my head, "To think that I would help them kill people. Who do you think I am?"

"Someone who would supply drugs to a cult," Rina hissed, "And to think that I thought you guys of family..."

My eyes darkened as I stared at Rina. Then I clicked my tongue, running a hand through my hair.

"The plan," I said almost shakily, but regained my composure, "Was never for you to find out. Because it was none of your concern. What we were doing," I started to pace, each step I took, the gun would follow me, "Was not what you thought it was. Ajax warned me that you would try to push your way into this, and I didn't think you would ever try. Not when you've begged me for a normal life,"