twenty-nine.

It was a quiet car ride

It was a quiet car ride. No music. No small talking.

It was quiet the entire time.

The silence in the car was deafening. I thought that I would have rather had someone talk my ear off until I was annoyed. I would have rather him tell me corny ass jokes than to be fed this silent treatment. I would have rather listen to terribly loud music instead of hearing our soft breaths in the car.

There were at some points that I wanted to clear my throat just to see if he spare me a look, but instead I kept quite. With each breath he took, it sounded like he was in my ear.

We were going to see his dad's grave. If anything, I had half expected him to leave me at the house. I never really had thought he would actually bring me to go see one of his dead family members grave. There was something so personal about it.

I guess it beat having to stay at home with Niall. He probably would have asked me if I was sure I didn't have any hidden tattoos that I wasn't telling him about.

Niall seemed nice, but he came on very strong.

London was...different. A lot different.

I had never really thought about what it looked like, but we were up in the northern parts of London and surprisingly it was just a lot of cow fields. I had wondered to myself if we were going to go out into town, or if they were going to let me see the city at some point.

We went down a gravel drive, down a field that seemed to be secluded. It didn't seem like this was much of a grave site, I hadn't seen anything other than just a bunch of dead grass. I glanced towards Harry out of the corner of my eye. He stared at the road, not even sparing me a glance. It felt weird.

Would this be the best time to apologize? When he was visiting his father? I'm sure he hadn't seen him in ages at this point, but that was only an assumption.

The smell of wet grass surrounded us as he pulled into a small parking spot in the gravel. Ahead of us was a very small piece of land with only few graves. At first, I thought it was a bit weird, but maybe they had buried them in a secluded area. Maybe it's just his family that is buried here.

"Stay here," He mumbled as he turned off the car, shoving the keys into his pocket. I glanced towards him, nodding my head gently. He leaned in the back seat of the car, grabbing a bouquet of flowers that he must've bought earlier.

He got out of the car, slamming the door shut. I watched as he started to disappear out into the field near the headstones. His footsteps heavy as his shoulders slouched, I sank into my seat that became my throne of shame. Looking into my lap, I picked at my fingers nervously. Maybe silence was what I needed to think.

Maybe think of a way to apologize to him. He must understand that I've been sheltered my entire life, and that this life of being around tattoo'd killing machines would be a bit of a shock for me. Wouldn't it scare other people? I think I would be a bit worried if it didn't.