seventy.

this is a double update. make sure you read chapter 69 before this one 🤍

 make sure you read chapter 69 before this one 🤍

Today was my birthday.

It was just like any day for me, but there was still an anxious stir in my stomach. It was the first birthday without my mom. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, either way it was disturbing to think about.

When my feet hit the floor, my phone buzzed. I grabbed it from the bedside table, a text from my dad amongst the other texts from the group lit up my screen.

'Happy birthday baby girl. Love you. Lets do dinner soon with harry.'

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!!!! SEE U TONIGHT!!!!'

'Happy birthday anna!'

A smile stretched across my lips, I placed the phone back onto the bedside table as I stood to my feet and followed the sudden smell of delicious sweets in the kitchen. When I entered the living-room, the sounds of sizzling could be heard along with a thin layer of haze along the top of the room.

Turning the corner, Harry was pulling burnt veggie bacon off the pan and throwing it into the trash as he muttered curses to himself. I chuckled softly, looking to the island to see a bouquet of sunflowers and roses. My heart swelled, placing a hand where it thumped.

"And you yelled at Niall for being a bad cook." I sat on the stool at the island.

Harry perked his brow, stopping his frantic movements as he smirked.

"Well, look who is up," He sang softly, turning on his heel as he placed the pan onto the stove and walked towards me, "Happy birthday, my sweet Angel." He kissed my lips, despite not brushing my teeth yet and I scrunched my nose.

"Don't remind me," my fingers grazed against the petals of the flowers, "Are these for me?"

"Who else would they be for?" He asked as he sat a plate in front of me.

Pancakes with blueberries and strawberries, with whipped cream that shaped it as a smiley face.

"This is so sweet, baby," I sighed, picking at the berries. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't hungry yet.

"So, two things," He took the baby blue apron off as he hung it up on one of the hooks before leaning against the counter to stare at me, "I have to work today, but it's only half a day. The second thing is that Gracie and Rina are picking you up in an hour or so. I'm paying for a spa day today, so while I'm at work you don't have to waste your day away and–,"

"Harry–," I laughed out in shock, furrowing my brows, "No. No, what are you thinking? I...I don't want to make this a big deal, really. I don't really...celebrate my birthday."

Harry's eyes widened, "What do you mean a big deal? Of course it's a big deal. If you weren't born, I wouldn't have found my soulmate," Harry rounded the island, putting his hand on my shoulders as he carefully massaged them, "Today is your day, baby. Just let me spoil you, please."