twenty-one.

I couldn't feel my body

I couldn't feel my body. My weight was heavy as I laid on the bed in the men's cabin, sweat was dripping down my body as my dilated pupils stared at the ceiling above me. I didn't think I would be back here, in the same spot that I promised myself I would never be in again. I was high as a fucking kite, my sweaty palms were running all along the frizzy bed sheets as I tried to move my legs, but they were carelessly laying apart any time I tried to move.

This coke was something strong, something I never had before. Some people could do coke and it would give them energy, but it did the complete opposite for me. I was useless. My body vibrated, but my body couldn't find itself to get up to take a piss or find any water at all.

There were men standing in the corner of the room, dressed in black and it made me trip out a bit. The comparison between my white suit and their black suit was meshing all together as my eyes fought to stay open. My lips parted as my tongue darted out to lap over my chapped lips, my head craning to the side.

"Can I have some water?" I slurred out, mustering up all the energy I had to roll over onto my side, "Need some water, please."

"Of course, Father Harry." One of the men in black bowed slightly, then turned onto their feet as they opened the door to my room and disappeared within seconds.

There was sweat pooling at my hair line, my hands lazily outstretching towards my phone that was on the side table. I needed to let Anna know I was okay. If this was the worst that could happen then I was golden. The second man in black stared at me as I grabbed my phone and brought it close to my face, my eyes widening for a moment to focus on the screen.

"Father Harry."

I had a delayed reaction. My eyes stared at the phone still for a few moments before they trailed over to the man standing next to me with a glass of water. I let out a soft hum, placing my phone down as I tried to sit up on my elbows. Everything felt so jelly-like, even my arms.

"I've never seen you here before, who are you?" I mumbled softly, clutching the water with my ring cladded fingers tightly as my blood shot eyes stared up at him. He smiled kindly at me, clasping his hands in front of his torso as he met my gaze.

"My name is Joseph, Father Harry. I'm new to the church." He rasped out.

"Okay..." I whispered softly, looking down at the water carefully. Something was telling me to check it just in case he had spiked it with something, but it was clear water. Nothing was floating in it or any residue from anything.

"Thank you, Joseph." I whispered out, sinking down into the bed.

I chugged the water down quickly, replenishing myself so I didn't die of dehydration. It was nice to have someone look after me when I was high, I guess. Before I really never had anyone around and sometimes I overdid it a bit with doing drugs and would be fucked.