sixteen.

It's been a couple of days since I last saw Harry

It's been a couple of days since I last saw Harry. He's been distant towards me and it's made me feel weird. Maybe it was better this way considering what had happened between us, but at the same time, I found myself missing him somewhat.

I ran into him in the hallway, but he didn't say anything to me and immediately went into his apartment without a word. It hurt my feelings—just a bit. My thoughts were running wild at this point.

Work dragged on and on, I would end up spacing out between lessons and at some point I had tuned out my students whenever they would call on me for help. I've neglected a lot of my responsibilities.

I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Me and Gracie were hanging out at my apartment this evening, she helped me move a couch in finally and she also got me a small coffee table so I had something to set things on. I hadn't gotten a dining table yet, so I was extremely thankful.

"There's a party tonight." She told me as we cooked in the kitchen. Ever since I moved out, I've had so much more freedom to do what I wanted and although I've never went to a real party, it was something I had an open mind too.

"Yeah? Where at?" I turned on my heel to face her, pulling my cup of water close to my chest, "Is it Michael?"

"Actually, It's Nathan." She smiled softly, looking at me with excitement in her eyes, "I know you don't party, but it'll get you out. There will be a lot of people there—no one from church. It's secret too. It's gonna be in his basement at his new house."

"So he ended up buying the house then?" I nodded, pursing my lips as I thought about it. On one hand, it would be fun to get out and it would get my thoughts off Harry. On the other hand.... I've never been at a party and I'm not sure what to wear.

After mom destroyed all of my clothes, I had to buy a whole new set of clothes and when I think of a party—I think about sexy outfits, breasts being out and getting drunk. Was this realistic for a party? I wasn't sure.

"Yeah and it's out of town as well." She faced me, grabbing my shoulders as her eyes scanned over my face, "You have to come, Anna. I promise you will have fun. I can show you how to really party—away from all of your responsibilities. Away from all the judgement. No strings attached, just... letting go."

"That does sound persuading." I mumbled, biting back a smile. I'm twenty-one years old, I think it would be time for me to let loose every once in a while and finally meet people that don't go to church. I had never met anyone that was outside of church or my work, so the thought of meeting new people would be refreshing.

"So, you'll go then?" Gracie waited in anticipation for an answer, her smile widening as her fingers gripped my shoulders tighter. I chuckled out, nodding my head at her. She jumped in excitement, clapping her hands together, "You will not regret this. This is going to be so much fun, I promise."