sixty-six.

I sat on the couch with a bottle of wine, one that Gracie had left me as a gift for keeping my mouth shut about the cult

I sat on the couch with a bottle of wine, one that Gracie had left me as a gift for keeping my mouth shut about the cult. Her words kept circling around in my mind, at first the nerves caused me to peel apart my cuticles, but eventually the wine had worked its way through me just enough to calm me down. So, I laid half drunk on the couch with the sweet music of old 60's music playing in the background.

I made myself feel crazy, knowing that my sanity was hanging on by a thread these days, and now confirming that they were back was a curse. I didn't know if I wanted to go insane and lose my sanity, or if knowing was better, because both were equally sickening at the thought. I swore to Gracie I wouldn't say anything until she tried to talk to her parents, but the truth was teetering on my lips and the taste was poisonous garbage. I knew that spitting the truth out would only cause trouble and it would go against what I had promised Gracie.

But in hindsight, it could help us put an end to everything, once and for all.

I was in the middle of my own contemplation before Niall had came back to the house, seeing a drunken Anna, aka me, on the couch. He threw his keys on the table, giving me a lopsided smile as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Without me? Really?" Niall tsked.

"It's not a good drunk, I can promise you that," I mumbled as I finished off the rest of my cup, reaching over to the bottle to refill my cup.

"Is it Harry?" Niall said as he disappeared from behind me.

"Something like that," I shrugged one shoulder, my eyes were swimming and I felt a headache coming on.

I heard Niall making a cluttered noise in the other room, when he reappeared he had his own bottle and a regular cup that he had found in one of the cabinets. He sat down on the couch, popping the cap off and pouring himself a cup of wine.

"He'll be fine," Niall took a sip of his drink, sighing happily at the taste, "And he did say he was coming back, right?"

"Yeah, right," I breathed.

"Come on, Anna," Niall leaned against the back of the couch, "Don't be sad. I've been around sad people enough lately, shit, even Rina has been down in the dumps. It's a bummer."

"I'm sorry, but Jackie is the only thing that was keeping Harry together," I barked lightly with a slurred voice, "And with the glue melting away, I'm scared with how Harry is gonna handle it. At the end of the day, we know she is going to die and we have to find a way to be there for Harry so he doesn't fall off the wagon again."

"We will," Niall reaffirmed, "At the slightest tip, I will make sure to be there for him. I know Harry, alright? I know that something like this is gonna push him off the edge, but all we can do is find ways to let him grieve that doesn't involve him nearly killing himself."

"It's so easy for you to say, isn't it?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as I sat my glass down on the table. I was extremely tired, the wine wasn't sitting well on my stomach and I felt like I could hide away for a few days until all of this blew over.