seventy-four.

"Okay, what the fuck

"Okay, what the fuck."

Me and Gracie looked at each other nervously. We both stood in the living-room, the sun was going down and Harry was at work. For the last hour me and Gracie had explained everything to Rina, and when we say everything, we mean fucking everything.

Gracie was insistent on letting Rina know the truth. It was only fair if she was going to help us, we needed her to be the getaway driver in case shit went down. At first I was hesitant because I didn't want her to run away from us. If Rina thought that she had normal friends, she was sorely wrong, which we just proved to her.

The story consisted of me and Gracie going back and forth, filling in all the details from front to back while Rina's lifted, bright face slowly faded into an expression of someone who just watched an absolute gore fest of a movie. I almost felt bad for her, especially when we were telling her about what happened to Nathan and I.

But she needed to know if she was going to do this with us. She couldn't just go in blind.

"Okay, so let me get this straight," Rina had one hand on her head as she stared down at the floor in disbelief, "All of this started because you fucked some guy named Zayn on a podium? In a church?"

"Okay, um, that wasn't really important to the story. I don't know why Gracie brought that up–," I rolled my eyes, letting out a harsh sigh.

"It was needed," Gracie nodded, folding her arms over her chest, "It was kind of iconic."

"It wasn't iconic, it was embarrassing, okay?" I stopped mid sentence, taking a deep breath, "Zayn doesn't matter. That part of the story doesn't matter."

"Okay, but Gracie did start the story out like that–," Rina argued, throwing her hands in the air.

"Enough of the podium talk!" I laughed out in disbelief, "Please, let's move away from that subject."

"Well, besides you fucking in a church, you're telling me there's a cult that wants you dead? Or...others...dead?" Rina flicked her voice upwards in confusion, tilting her head with the same emotion.

"Yes, basically, that's what's happening," I breathed, "And they are taking Gracie's parents. We need you to help us be the getaway driver if anything happens–," I paused, putting my hands up, "but you don't have to if you don't want to. This is all up to you, but we really need you, Rina."

Rina twisted her lips to the side, leaning back against the couch as she stared at the wall. This was certainly a lot for her to take in, given that we had just fed her almost a year's worth of information in such a short amount of time. If she said no, we would have to backtrack and find another way to work our plan.

"That's really fucking crazy, Anna," Rina pinched her bottom lip, still keeping her gaze lost on the wall, then turning towards us in front of her, "Why don't you just tell Harry? Aren't they more, like, equipped for this?"