eighty.

Somehow, I never get used to the way the hospital feels

Somehow, I never get used to the way the hospital feels. No matter how many times I'd been in the same building throughout the year, it still sent shivers down my spine.

I sat in the chair, silent, trying not to tap my foot or make any continuous noises that may annoy the shit out of Niall. Rina was laying in bed with him when I first came around, but she found a seat in the small sofa. I supposed out of respect.

"So, let me get this straight then..." Niall said through his hoarse voice, "Angela made them think that they need to kill themselves to be Angels for when the rapture comes? For a spiritual war?"

"Yep." My lips were pressed tightly together.

I didn't know if Niall was too exhausted to even make a remark, or if this just left him completely speechless, but all he did was rub the sides of temples, mumbling some curse words under his breath.

Niall didn't look half bad. Definitely a lot better than what he looked like on the day of the ambush. If that's what they wanted to call it anyway. The swelling around his face had gone down significantly, but the purples and blues around the bruises were still prominent. There were a few stitches that mended some gashes, and those seemed to be healing nicely.

But still, scraggly and in desperate need of a shower.

"So, what now?" Niall mumbled, tipping a Styrofoam cup full of water into his mouth.

"We decided we don't want you to fight," I said plainly, pressing my lips together as Niall shot me a cold look, "You still need to recover. We make our move tomorrow night. We can't throw you out there knowing that you're too weak to fight."

"Fuck off," Niall scoffed, squinting his eyes before tossing the empty cup at me, "I'm fuckin' goin' out there. Whether you like it or not."

"Niall, you–,"

"I'm not going to let you go out there alone," Niall interjected, balling his fists up. At that point, the tension in the air rose. Rina rose with it, announcing she was going for coffee and left the room. Niall turned his gaze towards me, staring darkly, "I don't know why you're kicking me off all of a sudden, I'm apart of this."

"You're weak. You need to recover."

"Don't give me that shit," He scoffed, "I've saved your life before and I'll do it again. I'm not letting you go out there without me."

I clenched my jaw tightly, "This isn't about that. I'm not going to let you come with us knowing what just happened a couple days ago. I can't, end of story."

"I'm fucking going," Niall raised his voice, "Whether you like it or not!"

"You won't!" I yelled back harshly, stern, "You won't fucking go because if anything were to happen to you, I'd–," The words choked in my voice, my eyes softened from their angry gaze. I shook my head, clearing my throat. I said nothing more.