thirty-seven.

It wasn't that hard to find the motherfucker that called me

And it was even easier to break into the place.

In my time, I've broken into warehouses and fucking garages where most gangs hung out. Y'know, the most cliche places to hide.

Pete and I both stared at each other when we pulled up in Ajax's car to find that this man lived with his grandma.

Not that I would know, just that the mail I shuffled through on the porch was addressed to a Margaret Brown.

And if that's not a elderly name, then I don't know what is. But the '97 lincoln in the driveway was a dead giveaway.

We fought about how we were going to do this without making a scene. Possibly knocking on the door and pulling the man out and taking him somewhere, or maybe even a wellness check. Something innocent.

Ajax, however, had different plans.

The minute he knocked on the door and noticed that he was the only person in sight, he busted through the door while waving his gun around. Poor kid looked like he was gonna piss himself.

It took both Pete and Niall to tie him down to a chair. He was a scrawny thing, looked like he was early in college—couldn't be more than twenty one. It was sad because I saw Nathan in him. Not in a way that Nathan was evil or anything, but in a way that he had a bright future ahead of him.

But he was throwing it down the bin working with Angela.

I was sure that Angela was going to find out sooner than later that we were looking for Anna, and that's why we had to be quick. The sooner we got Anna back home, the better.

"Please don't hurt me! My memaw is upstairs!"

"Fuck your memaw, I don't give a shit about her," Ajax laughed heartedly, his white teeth showing through his smirk as he pulled up one of the kitchen chairs to sit in front of the boy. "What's your name, kid?"

He looked hesitantly between me and Pete, while Niall and Veronica stood behind him with guns pointed at his head. The boy locked his gaze on me, his fingers picking at his nails as he squirmed in his seat.

Remember me, prick?

"Don't look at them, look at me," Ajax warned as he pressed his gun to the boys groin, "Answer my question or you'll never get to feel the sweet warmth of a woman ever again."

"Or boy—" Niall interjected.

"Niall, not now." I warned with a scowl on my face. Now wasn't the time for Niall's antics.

"Hey, I don't judge! Sexuality is a open book full of possibilities—"

"Niall!" Pete and I both scolded loudly.