twenty-three.

It's been two weeks since the church trip and it's also been two weeks since I stepped foot into the church

It's been two weeks since the church trip and it's also been two weeks since I stepped foot into the church. I thought that people would be coming to my door and dragging me out of my apartment with a bag over my head, but instead it's been incredibly peaceful.

I just needed a small break.

Work has been great too. I've noticed that I'm a lot happier when I'm with my kids and seeing the smiles on their faces makes my heart flutter. One of our kids, Lily, learned how to draw inside of the lines this last week and I couldn't be more proud of her.

There was something so promising and fulfilling about watching the kids you love grow up and teaching them as best as you can.

It was very rewarding being a teacher. I loved it so much.

I've felt really good. Either it's a mental break waiting to rear it's head out, or I'm genuinely happy. Either way, I was content and not questioning anything about it.

At this point, I was just dancing around in my kitchen while listening to very loud music and learning how to bake brownies. I had never been able to be in the kitchen because my mom hated when I was in the kitchen, but I lived by myself so I could catch up on all of the things I never got to do when I lived with her.

I sang along, a bowl of batter in my hand as I stirred it around, swaying my hips to the music as my feet stepped along to the beat. Was this what feeling alive felt like? I never really thought about how dead I felt until now, though. There was always a dawning in my chest, but that feeling disappearing as a happy-longing feeling overcame it.

Even if it was just as simple as dancing in the kitchen by myself, I felt really good about it. The sun was out for the first time in weeks and the rain had subsided for now. It didn't take away the bitter coldness of everything, but it was still nice to wake up to the sun resting on your face sometimes.

Most time, I did hate it.

But after the shit that's been stressing me out, it was nice to have the sun pop out to say hello.

Even if it was for a day.

My phone buzzed softly on my counter, my brow perking at it as I stopped my sudden singing before placing the bowl down onto the oven and grabbing the vibrating phone. I wondered who would have texted me, considering it was mid day and Gracie was probably with Michael, I didn't think she would reach out to me.

Harry: Music a bit loud, don't you think?

Oh.

I had forgotten I even had his number.

A smirk spread across my lips as I texted him back quickly, my tongue pressed to my cheek as I looked over towards my speaker that was thumping with bass.

Me: Are you stalking me?

I sent it, then went to set my phone back down, but he was even quicker to reply.