seven.

Zayn kept blowing my phone up after I left the church that night, but I couldn't talk to him

Zayn kept blowing my phone up after I left the church that night, but I couldn't talk to him. I just couldn't. I needed space. So, as any other person would do, I turned my phone off. It was currently around 11pm and I was getting dressed to go out, obviously I told my mom that I was going to be with Grace.

Something we haven't done in a while, is go to a bar—and that's exactly what we were going to do. I needed something to take my mind off everything that had happened. I did tell my mom that I was going to be spending the night with Gracie for the night, which isn't a lie. If I came home drunk or even with the smell of beer on me, my mom would shit.

After I had gotten dressed, I grabbed my stuff and left the house. Gracie was picking me up since the bar was too far of a walk. We weren't going to drink a lot, I think we just needed a glass of wine and to talk and relax. Things have been way too tense for me recently.

"I have a question," I hummed out, playing with the strap of my bag, "How often do you have sex?"

"That's—a very personal question," Gracie laughed out as she drove, sighing as she licked over her lips. She was deep in thought, slowly tilting her head as she tried to think about how she could gently tell me, "Well, you know Michael?"

"Oh, god. Okay. That's enough." I made a disgusted face, laughing out as I ran my hand through my hair. I had a hunch about her and Michael, but I wasn't sure about whether or not I was right. Michael was a good guy though. Truly, he was a good guy and one of the boys we had grown up with too.

"I knew you wouldn't like the answer." She giggled as she pulled into the parking lot of the bar. It wasn't so much of a run down bar, it was actually very pretty on the inside and outside. It was more of the fancier ones that we have in this town and it was the safest.

Plus we know people that work here too, so we got deals on bottles of wine.

"I just—I mean, I kind of knew, but I wasn't sure," I hummed as we walked into the bar and sat at a random booth, "You and Michael would be cute though. Like, a cute couple or whatever."

"I'm trying to get him to ask me out," She said soft, playing with the napkin on the table as she looked at me, "He's such a good guy with a good job and he treats me so well. I've been waiting for ages for him to ask me out."

I smiled at her. I couldn't relate to her, but I was happy for her. I wish that I could have someone that had me utterly smitten. Someone that I could tell everything too, someone that wouldn't judge me or even someone that could handle my family issues. Ultimately when it came down to it, I guess I was scared to date because I didn't want my family to run them away.

"Hi! What can I get for you two?" A waiter walked up to us with a big smile, already having their pen and notepad out.

"Hmm... Two glasses of red wine, please." I said soft, and the waiter nodded and went off to go grab those for us.