eighty-one.

"Don't you think it's too early to be shopping for the baby?"

I shot Gracie a cold glare, squeezing the small teething toy in my hands.

"I was reading online last night that it's never too early. In nine months, the baby will be here. That isn't too far away."

Or I just needed something to distract me. It worked well, I was scrolling through my phone all morning looking at ideas. This day in age, baby rooms were so...boring. I didn't want my child to grow up in an adult room that looked like something off of pinterest. I never understood beige mom's, how they could strip away the wonderful colors of the world from a growing mind.

And I heard it was bad for a growing baby to not grow up with colors.

Gracie chuckled quietly as she followed me through the aisles. I was thankful that she came with me to shop, I needed something to get my mind off Harry. My hand trailed against my stomach as I eyed the different varieties of bottles, humming to myself softly.

"What's better? Breastfeeding or bottle?" I picked up a pack of blue bottles, examining them closely.

"I guess it just depends on the kind of person you are," Gracie said as she eyed some newborn onesies, "I would know. In my head, I have five kids."

I laughed softly at her joke, putting the bottles back. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and Harry was gone. For a moment, I freaked out, forgetting where I was. It all felt like a bad nightmare, or a fever dream. I reached out to touch him and he wasn't there. It took some moments before I realized that I was in my old room and that I was staying with my dad.

So, this morning as we were having our breakfast, I busied myself with shopping online and reading articles. Ultimately, I decided that I wasn't sure how I wanted to feed the baby, and instead opted for searching through some onesies.

There was a small collection, most of them had cheesy sayings on it. I stayed away from specific gendered onesies, (ex. Daddy's little girl, and momma's little boy,) and opted for some neutral colored ones. I picked a few out that didn't have feet, and some that did. Green, pink, blue, the rainbow didn't assign someone's gender and I wanted my baby to wear the rainbow.

Looking at the little socks made me more emotional. Sometimes I couldn't believe that I was growing a baby in my stomach, one that didn't even have feet yet, or even a heartbeat. It was too soon for that, but I imagined getting to put on my baby's socks every morning and seeing their little toes and my heart swelled.

"Are you crying over a pair of socks?"

Gracie knocked me out of my thoughts, then I was well aware of the wetness on my cheeks. A few tears had dropped onto the white colored socks. I sniffled softly, wiping my eyes as I laughed it off and threw them into the basket.

"I'm just really excited, I guess," I strolled down the aisle, taking a deep breath before turning back to Gracie, "So, when are you and Rina going to the warehouse?"