fourteen.

I rushed up my steps, my fingers on my mouth as I tried to get the redness to wash away from my cheeks

What just happened?

By the time I walked up to my apartment, Harry was far gone inside of his apartment and I almost knocked on the door to tell him to explain himself.

Why would he touch me in such a way?

It shook me to my core.

It wasn't that I didn't like it, it was that I did like it.

It was so fucking confusing, all of this. My hands were shaking when I tried to unlock the door, but I got it open. The door didn't squeak this time. It was squeak-less.

Thanks to my landlord.

When I got inside, I immediately pressed myself against the door and slid my back down it as I shut my eyes, my fingers finding their way back to my lips as I tried to process what just happened.

"Fuck me." I whispered to myself, putting my head against my door. My phone started ringing loudly, making me jump, muttering curse words to myself as I grabbed it out of my pocket.

It was Gracie.

"What?" I breathed out, standing to my feet as I paced around the room.

"What happened to hey gracie, i missed you, huh??" She scoffed playfully, a soft giggle escaping her, "What're you doing?"

"Nothing, I'm at my apartment," I said shortly, tilting my head back to stare at the ceiling, "I really can't talk right now. I'm going through some shit."

"Is it your mom again?"

"No, no. Just—I'm cooking dinner and I've got a million things and—" I stopped myself, putting my head on the wall, "Gracie, you can't tell anyone, but Zayn showed up to church drunk—or something, I don't know, and he got into a fight with Harry. It was really bad. You can't tell anybody."

"What?!" Gracie gasped, there was a long pause on the phone, "Anna what the fuck?? Are you serious?"

"Harry broke Zayn's nose," I sniffled, putting my hand on my head as I thought carefully of my next words, "Listen, please don't tell anybody. You can't. Harry is—he...."

"There is something up with that guy. Is that even allowed? I'm pretty sure a priest isn't supposed to be doing that kind of stuff—" Gracie paused, humming, "I wonder what else he does behind closed doors.. Eh, whatever. I won't tell anybody. It's kind of hot that he's all mysterious."

"Gracie!" I snapped at her, knitting my brows together, "If anyone finds out, he will lose his job. Please—just.... Will you check on Zayn for me? Just text him. Or have Michael text him—I really think he's going off the rails..."

"I'll have Michael go check on him. Thanks for letting me know."

"Okay, just—be careful, or whatever." I mumbled, tapping my fingers on my chin.