forty-five.

Coming home from Venice was a reset, I felt a lot more calm than I did before

Coming home from Venice was a reset, I felt a lot more calm than I did before. I couldn't place it, my mind was at ease.

Spending time with the group felt more like a family than what I ever had in my life. I was always one to look for family in my friends, and leaving Venice after the quality time we all had together left my heart swell and plump with love. Getting to know Pete and Niall better, finally getting to spend some alone time with Gracie, or just as a group. Everyone was dysfunctional, but we were our own dysfunctional family that would do anything to protect one another.

When we arrived back at the apartment building, the sounds of our laughter and banter echoed through the hallways. Niall was talking some shit about how he had found Pete ass naked, passed out in the tub after drinking too much one night.

"That was years ago, I can hold my alcohol better now!" Pete scolded through his laughter.

"You can barely take a shot of whisky without gagging, mate," Niall rolled his eyes.

"You wanna talk about embarrassing moments? What about the time that Harry was so fucked up on Xanax and tequila that we found him in women's underwear? D'ya remember that, H?" Pete echoed through the hallway, loud enough that all of us cackled out like a pack of hyena's, "He begged the dancers backstage to let him borrow a pair to dance on the pole!"

"And I worked that pole better than any of you ever could," Harry retorted with a smirk, "I ended up getting a hundred dollars in tips that night, thank you."

"A stripper huh?" I gave him a once over, biting back my smirk as we approached our apartment doors. His body was built to work a pole, he was certainly muscular enough. I couldn't lie, I was a bit curious to see something like that.

"Mhmmm, I'll have to show you my moves sometime." Harry pulled my waist towards him, whispering into my ear with a wide smirk before kissing the shell of my ear.

"That's not as embarrassing as the time that Niall—" Pete halted in his tracks, voice dimming down to nothing while his face dropped into surprise. I followed his gaze, seeing that he was gawking at my door.

"What?" I giggled, turning around to look at my door.

The knob on it was busted, it looked like someone shot a hole right above it and the doorframe was busted. I took a step back into Harry's body, he immediately pulled me away from the door and within seconds Niall and Pete both pulled out their guns and clicked the safety off.

Someone busted in my apartment?

Can't I catch a fucking break?

"H, watch her." Pete nodded towards me while Niall took slow steps towards the door.

"Oh my god..." I whispered out shakily, my hand finding my agape mouth as tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

"It's okay, hey, it's okay," Harry interlocked our fingers together, kissing it softly before pulling me into his chest, "They're gonna check it out. Don't worry."