seventy-one.

"So, how has everything been since the last time I've seen you?"

The room was cold despite the spring air outside. I clutched my jacket to my body, the room washed in a flat white color that could make anyone start hallucinating if they stared too long. I shifted uncomfortably in the stiff chair, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm okay, I think," I swallowed, "Things are settling..."

"And with Harry?"

I blinked, letting my head fall as I stared down at my cut up cuticles. I didn't know what to say. There were so many things that I wanted to say, but I knew I couldn't. Sometimes I felt like I was going crazy, sometimes I felt like he was the one that was making me feel this way.

"You know, this is my first real relationship and I'm trying to navigate it all," I chewed on the inside of my cheek nervously, "Is it normal for people to hide things from you?"

"I thought we moved past hiding?" Erica frowned, but her brows furrowed in curiosity as she sat her notebook onto the table.

"I thought so too, but..." My voice died in my throat, shaking my head, "It's like, things are okay. They're great, even, and then I find these things that..." I trailed off, trying to make sense, trying to find a way to describe everything without giving it all away.

"Have you considered that maybe the things he hides from you is to protect your feelings?" Erica tilted her head, "Or is it another woman that's involved?"

"No, no," I chuckled, "There's not another person, I can promise you that."

Erica nodded, then proceeded to write something on her notepad. She then looked up through her glasses.

"Then what do you think he's hiding?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

I chewed and chewed on my cheek until it was raw and rubbery in my mouth.

"You know, I think I'm just overthinking it," I waved my hand, shrugging, "The new dosage on my medication has been making my mind a bit fuzzy."

Erica hummed, "Why did you up your dose? Are the nightmares back?"

"They haven't been around in a long time, thankfully. I talked to my doctor about my anxiety and it got a little worse so..." I sighed, "We upped the dosage."

"That's good, I'm sorry that you are more anxious. Is there anything going on that may be making it worse?"

"Maybe my job," But that wasn't it, "Maybe just stress of life in general," But I was lying.

"Being a teacher in this day in age is very stressful, but I applaud you for wanting to go into that line of work," Erica leaned forward, elbows placed on the table as she looked at me, "But I don't think that is the reason for your anxiety."