thirty-three.

I had a pep in my step on my way to work

I had a pep in my step on my way to work. After our intimate morning, I felt refreshed. I think for the first time in a while, I felt...happy? Coffee was made for me, I got a orgasm that imitated fireworks on the fourth of fuckin' july.

Today was my day.

"Gracie, oh my god, you won't believe what happened this morning," I gushed out as I walked my way to work.

"Oh, god, what now? Please don't tell me it's more drama. I don't think I can handle anymore shit thrown at me," She sighed out into the phone.

"No! No, it's good--it's, uh..." I chuckled to myself sheepishly like I was some fuckin' middle school girl, "Harry spent the night last night and I got head and coffee. Coffee! The man made me coffee!"

"Anna, anybody can make coffee," Gracie chuckled softly, "Oh, yay, a man doing the bare minimum. Are we praising men now?"

"C'mon, Gracie, don't bring my mood down. I'm really giddy about this shit," I pouted as I clung my jacket to my body. It was a chilly evening, and I was stupid enough to not wear enough layers.

"Alright, I'll bite," She finally caved in, "Does this mean you guys are dating now?"

My eyes widened slightly, stopping in my tracks as I went silent. Were we dating? I've never had a serious relationship in my entire life, and quite frankly, I didn't know if this meant we were together or not. It didn't feel like a relationship, to be honest, but...I didn't know how I felt. Sure, a couple months ago I was against it, but now I just felt different about Harry.

After the whole Veronica thing, I just couldn't stand the thought of him being with someone else. I refused to admit to myself that I liked him, but deep down I knew that I did. I just hated saying it out loud, so I didn't. I refused.

"No, I think we are just fucking or--whatever..." I trailed off, shaking my head as I dug through my jacket to get my teacher ID out, "But, hey, I'm about to go into the school. I have to start planning out my lessons, so I can call you later."

"You're at the school? It's after hours, what the hell?" She sounded annoyed, "Are you getting paid for this?"

"...No," I sighed as I swiped my card at the entry way, then pulled the door open. The school was closed now, nobody near in sight but the janitor that was sweeping the hallways. "But I knew that I wasn't going to be getting paid for stuff like this, Gracie. I signed up for it."

"It doesn't make it any less right..."

"I know, I know, but hey, I really do have to go," I sighed. We said our goodbyes, and I shoved the phone into my pocket. The school hallways brought a chilling silence through the building. For a moment, I had almost pulled out my headphones to change the mood of the area, but I decided against it.

Since the whole people looking for me shit I've been paranoid. I never wanted to admit that to Harry because I wanted him to think that I was independent, but in reality, I was more nervous than I led on. Harry could tell. I wasn't a good liar. He could see it on my face like it was tattoo'd there.