sixty-three.

"Mark my words, there's a thousand things,
That don't wash out with anything,
I keep you clean, you surrounded me.
My windows are breaking."

"Welcome to Madrid, Spain

"Welcome to Madrid, Spain."

My head was leaning against the plane's window with a frown carved on my lips as the night sky engulfed the surroundings of home. In hindsight, I should have known that this trip was going to get ruined in some shape or form.

But it was fun while it lasted, I guessed.

Life was moving fast in the moments of Harry's fake calm tone. From boarding off the plane, to getting into the same SUV that's always picked us up, to the hospital. There was a distaste on my face, but it wasn't towards Harry. I knew he had tried desperately to make this trip special and he did. It was the job, once again, getting in the way.

I placed a hand onto my chest where the emerald gem dangled from its golden chain. We were arriving quicker to the hospital than expected, or maybe I had blacked out the entire ride as I watched out the window in silence.

It was no secret that light shines brighter on the darkest days, this being one of them. We were caught in an overcast with rain pouring down on us. I had silently hoped that Jackie was okay, I couldn't imagine anything drastic happening right now; not when everything was supposed to align for us. Not when everything was supposed to go our way.

Not when everything was just starting to go back to normal.

The SUV stopped so suddenly, bringing my attention back to reality in a blink. I looked over to Harry who was already jumping out of the car with no hesitation. I blinked. The door was open and Harry was ushering me out in a cool tone that tried to calm my nerves. I blinked. We were in the elevators with sticker visitor passes on our tops. I blinked. Harry was walking ahead of me down the hallway, faster than I could find myself to keep up with him.

Blink.

"Hello? Anna?"

Blink.

"What?" I snapped my head towards the voice.

I was standing in the waiting room, or resting area; however you'd like to call it. It was cold and there were goosebumps on my arms. The room was dimly lit, it was night time, and some people were resting their eyes in the chairs while awaiting news from the doctors.

Niall pinched his thick brows together, "Is that how you greet a friend that you haven't seen in a while?"

It took a moment for me to have a reaction. Like a newborn baby blinking the phlegm from their eyes, I finally focused on the blonde haired man that stood in front of me with a frown much bigger than mine. Without a second thought, I grabbed Niall and hugged him tightly. I did miss him, it had been too long since I had seen him.