Shinichiro // Roommate

"Congrats sis! You finally got your dream job, Cheers!" My sister said as she raised her drink for a toast.

"After six years of trying! Finally! Cheers!" I also raised mine and we made a toast.

"Thank you nee-chan for giving me a place to stay! You also paid for three months' rent!" I said as I chugged the beer.

"That's nothing! I know moving to a big city is hard, so I gave you a head start." She said, smiling. "You'll gonna have a roommate, though. I can't find a solo apartment."

"It's okay! It's fun to have a roommate." I said as I emptied my glass. "Another one please!" I said to the bartender.

"You really are a heavy drinker, y/n."

"I learned from dad." I said, chuckling."

The bartender hands me another glass of beer, I drink it when my sister suddenly speaks. "When will you have a boyfriend? You're 26 years old."

I almost spit my drink. I put down my glass and wipe my lips with my arm. "nee-chan! You, too? Mom and Dad are asking the same question."

"Well, you're not getting any younger. You didn't even try dating! I'm getting worried."

"I'm fine, I don't need any man."

"Is this because of what happened to me?"

"What? No! of course not! It's my choice to stay single. For now, I'll just focus on my dream job and earn a lot of money! Then I'll make mom and dad stop from farming."

My sister messes with my hair. "Don't be afraid of love, y/n. I want to see you happy."

"I am happy! With you and with our parents. I don't need anything more." I said as I chugged my drink.

***

"Ahhhh, the city!" I inhale the city air when a bus passes me, I inhale the smoke from it, making me choke. I coughed as I tapped my chest repeatedly. "The air is not as fresh as home," I whisper to myself.

I took the piece of paper from my pocket. It's the address of the apartment she rented for me. I called for a taxi and handed him the piece of paper.

This is it, y/n! This is your time to shine!

The taxi stopped at the big building, I handed him the payment and stepped out, I got my bags from the compartment and stared at the building in front of me. Wow! It's beautiful! Is it expensive here?

After a couple of seconds of admiring, I decided to go inside. I asked the reception about my unit number, She helped me and point me where the elevator is, I thank her and went in the direction she pointed.

I am now looking at the unit number, finding what's written on the paper. "501... 502... There! 503!" I jog excitedly towards the door. I took the keys from my pocket and opened the door.

"WOW! It's nice and neat!" I said in awe. It's not too small and not too big! It's enough for two people but it doesn't feel crowded. It's perfect!

Speaking of two people, I have a roommate! "Hello? I'm your new roommate." I said but no one answered.

"She's not home?" I whispered to myself. "Maybe she's at work." I then went ahead. I saw two doors facing each other, Maybe this is the room. I go to the door at the right but it's lock "Maybe it's her room." I then go to the left room and it's open! It's beautiful! I already have a bed and mattress, there's a study table and the closet is huge!

"Thank you, onee-chan!" I said as I put my things down. I try the bed and it's soft as hell. Ahhh! I already like the place.

As I watch my beautiful ceiling, My stomach suddenly roars like a lion. I rub it. "Oh! I forgot to have lunch!" I stand up and open my bag, in there, there's homemade food my mother packed for me, I get it and go to the dining area. I eat my lunch and after that, I start to unpack. I put our family picture on the table and another picture frame with my sister, we were hugging each other.