New Home

I stood there and froze out of fear. He looked me up and down like he was inspecting me. I'm sure I looked quite rough. I had a broken wrist on one arm and multiple bruises lining my arms, neck, and face. I could feel that my lip was busted and my nose has been bleeding from my early fight. My knuckle on my right hand was gashed open. "What did you do? Get into another fight? My foster dad spat out angry.

Of course they didn't want me fighting, but had no issue beating me up when they became drunk. I shrugged my shoulders. In my 9 years of life, I have learned that it is better to keep my mouth shut.

The stranger glared at my foster dad and then turned back to me and his face soften. "Would you like to go with me little one?" He asked softly. I shrugged my shoulders. He nodded his head. "I want her. I will sign the papers." He turned and walked back into the office. "Two of my guys will help you pack, little one." With that he left and two more large men came stomping into the house the one looked like he has killed people before. The other, looked tough but nice. He got down onto my level, "Hi Piccola (Little one), I'm Carlo and this is Salvatore. We will help you pack. He took my good hand and I walked to my room that was more or less of a closet. They both looked a little disgusted and I'm not sure if it was directed at me or the room. I got out my backpack and put everything I owned in and zipped it up. The only things it couldn't fit was my baby blanket that I have to sleep with and my stuff animal pig. I settled on just carrying it. Once I was good I started to walk while Carlo and Salvatore followed like puppies.

I walked back downstairs and sat on in the step. Once everything was done, the stranger came out and glanced at me and then turned to Salvatore. "Salvatore, per favore, ripuliscila (Salvatore, please get her cleaned up). I had not one clue what he said, I may be Italian but I do not speak it.

Salvatore turned towards me glanced at me for a second and then grabbed me under my armpits and plucked me up into his arms. It hurt a tiny bit but I stayed silent. "May we please use your bathroom." He asked growling at my foster parents. They pointed to the door. I really didn't know why he said we but it instantly filled me with dread. I tried wiggling out of his hold but he was strong. "Sei fortunato che tuo padre non mi abbia dato il permesso di farti le vesciche sul sedere" (You are lucky that your daddy hasn't given me permission to blister your butt).

He brought me into the bathroom and sat me on the counter. He took a washcloth and wet it. Then he starting scrubbing my face and I tried as best as I could not to make a sound but when he started scrubbing my nose and lip I whimpered and pulled away. "I need to get the blood off of you. Now stop the whining." He said sternly. I really did not like Salvatore. After he was done, he set me down. "Use the bathroom, I will be outside waiting. Do not let me wait for long."

He left the bathroom and I used it quickly. I went and washed my hands and glanced in the mirror. I was even shocked at what looked back at me. My face was extremely bruised and cut up. I looked like I ran into a tree. I sighed loudly and wished I didn't look like this. Sadly this has been my reality for as long as I could remember. I walked out and quickly grabbed Salvatore's hand so he would not pick me up. I really didn't liked to be man handled like a sack of potatoes. I must of surprised him because he stared down at me for a while and I could of swore for a split second his features soften before he went back to looking scary.

He pulled me back to the stranger. My foster parents put on a good show like they were going to miss me. It honestly made me sick. After their show was over. The stranger gestured to me and soon I was picked up again. Like excuse me, I have two legs for a reason. Salvatore once again, brought me out to the fancy car. He opened the door and sat me in. I went to reach for the seat belt, he slapped my hand. It startled me and I slapped him back hard out of instinct oops. "lasciala stare, non conosce ancora le regole" (let her be, she does not know rules yet). The stranger said. He growled and pulled the seat belt down and clicked it in. He got into the drivers seat and Carlo got in the passenger seat. The stranger and I rode in the back.