Uncles

I woke up as we finally landed. I stretched and watched the plane as it made its way on the ground. We got off the plane and Uncle Leo was standing there waiting with his car.

Once I saw Leo, I ran and jumped into his arms. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you." He said while putting me on the ground.

Salvatore grabbed my hand and put me in the car. He got in the drivers seat and what felt like forever. Lorenzo and Leo finally got into the car. Salvatore and Leo sat up front while Lorenzo and I sat in the back. After a while, I started to get bored.

"Excuse me?" I said

"Yes little one?" Lorenzo asked from the seat next to me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To meet your Uncle Luke." Leo said from
the front.

That made me quiet. I wasn't a fan of meeting new people. Lorenzo had a lot of brothers. We pulled into the same bakery that Nonno took me to that one time he has to babysit me. When Salvatore parked a car. I man was standing there. He was taller than Lorenzo and very strong.

All the guys got out of the car and Salvatore opened my door. "Can you pick me up?" I asked as he unbuckled the seat belt. He lifted me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and put my face down.

"Gia, say hi to your uncle Luke." Lorenzo said while patting my back.

I whispered a hello.

"Hi Gia. I have been so excited to meet you." He said and rubbed my back. I still held onto Salvatore but I turned my head towards him. He had kind eyes but I wasn't risking anything. 

Salvatore carried me in and sat me on a chair uncle from Luke. I wasn't really in the mood for small talk. Lorenzo was sitting next me on one side and then Salvatore was on the other. I stood and whispered in Salvatore's ear. "Can I sit with you?"

"No. You're a big kid." He said and guided me to sit back down.

I then turned to Lorenzo and did the same to him. "Can I sit on your lap?" I whispered in his ear.

Lorenzo guided me to sit back down. "You're sitting in the chair. Salvatore just told you. Let's be a good girl." He whispered in my ear.

Let us? He's not a good girl. I kept that comment in my head though. After Lorenzo got done scolding me, Luke smirked at him.

"I feel like I'm at the table with dad when we were kids." They laughed. I didn't find it funny.

Finally after forever. Someone came and took our order. Lorenzo ordered me apple juice and a doughnut. They all got random food. They made me sit forever as they caught up. I was so bored.

"I'm going to take the peanut on a walk." Salvatore said thankfully.

He grabbed my hand and took me outside. We went on a walk and a park was next to us. He let me jump off of things and climb things. Until I got a little too daring he caught me before I fell to the ground. "How about no more of that. Your dad won't be happy if you break something."

"I've broken a lot of things before." I said without thinking.

He looked at me for a brief second and then looked away. I shut up because I realized I said something about my past. I grabbed his hand and walked over to the swings. I sat on one. "I don't know how to swing." I said. Trying to make myself go.