Almost Ready

Gia's POV
I was going on day number 4 of being stuck in the hospital. I was starting to absolutely lose my mind.

I was tired of being trapped in a room and Lorenzo was way too protective and since he let Grandpa watch me that one night he hasn't left since. He says, "he's too nervous something will happen."

"Are you grumpy today?" He asked from the chair.

I glared at him to answer his question. "I want to go home." I said completely whining.

"Almost. They just want to make sure you are okay." He said trying to pull me on his lap but I scooted away from him.

I sat quietly on the bed after that and looked at the space flashcards that the pediatrician gave me. Once I finished reading them I tossed them up in the air and they scattered around the room.

Lorenzo gave me a not amused look. "Pick them up." He said while going back to his work.

I got off the bed and picked them up. The last one was behind Lorenzo. I went back behind his chair and picked it up. I then stood behind him and threw them in the air again so they scattered all around him.

He took a deep breath. "Pick them up and then hand them to me." He said turning the chair to give me the famous Lorenzo look. I call it the you messed up look. I got it quite a bit.

I picked them up and then put them in his hand. "You're done with these for today." He said putting them in his bag.

"No!" I said mad for no reason. I didn't even need them to know what they say. I could see the cards in my head if I thought about it.

"You're not going to throw them all over a nasty hospital room. I don't want you to catch something else."

"Well then you don't need this." I said and took his phone.

He looked highly annoyed and I know if he wasn't afraid about me having another breathing attack he would of so swatted me for that one.

He tried to grab me but I backed up fast.

"Do you want a timeout?" He asked.

"You need a timeout." I sassed back.

"Come on baby, get yourself under control." He said trying to grab the phone I put it high in the air which actually wasn't high at all because I'm little. I always forget that. He grabbed it back then picked me up.

"I'm not a baby or a little kid." I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"Yeah you're right you're so grown up." He said sarcastically. He laid me back in the bed and handed me a book. "Do you want to read?" He asked. This was a new book from Grandpa. It was all about parts of the body.

"Can you read it to me?" I asked liking when they did it more.

"Will you stop being grumpy?" He asked sitting in the chair.

I nodded my head. He sat in the chair and I sat down next to him. I snuggled into his shoulder while he started to read. It instantly relaxed me and I fell asleep.

I woke up not long after and I was tucked into the bed. Lorenzo was laying next to me also sleeping.

I decided to take a little walk. I quietly walked out of the room and down the hallway. I was wearing pajamas that had hearts in them. I decided I didn't look too suspicious. I walked for a while and last a lot of grownups but no one questioned why I was by myself.

I walked to another door and tried to open it but it didn't budge. I tried a second time and a loud alarm went off. It was so loud.

I decided to make myself look as innocent as possible. I sat down at a chair by the door and grabbed a magazine off the table. I crossed my legs and tried to act natural as a lot of adults rushed to the door.