Hospital Visit

"Oh my God." Lorenzo says waking up quickly. "Call her doctor." Lorenzo says panicked. He picks her up and wipes her face so she won't be shocked when wakes up.

When Lorenzo picks Gia up she wakes up slightly confused and starts rubbing her ear again. "Daddy.I'm still tired." She says half asleep not feeling good at all.

"You could continue to sleep baby. " Lorenzo says finishing her cleaning up. He sighs when she didn't notice and throws her pillow out.

"Is the doctor there? She could wake up any minute." Lorenzo, whispers as they wait in the hospital.

"They said they are really backed up today." Antonio says wrapping Gia up in a blanket. Her ear starts bleeding once again and Antonio quickly wiped it.

They finally get her back to a room and they continue to wait there. Gia stays asleep a while longer and wakes up and looks around. "Why are we here?" She asks shivering from the fever.

"You and daddy need to get check from your fevers baby." Antonio says knowing she won't feel alone.

"Daddy still doesn't feel good?" Gia whispers looking up at Lorenzo. "I feel fine daddy. We should just worry about you." Gia says not wanting Lorenzo go neglect his own needs for hers. Gia feels something wet leak out of her ears and she wipes it before anyone else can and she looks at her pajama sleeve and sees the blood. Her eyes get wide and she starts to panic.

"Baby girl it's okay daddy is here." Lorenzo says quickly putting her on his lap.

"Why are my ears bleeding." She starts crying loudly instantly scared and the more she cried the more her ears hurt her which made her cry worse.

The doctor went ahead and examined her ears. He gave her a few drops to ease her pain.

"You're okay baby. I'm here." Lorenzo says holding her close still.

Gia calms down after the drops were in her ears and snuggles into Lorenzo's chest. The doctor comes back some time later and looks in her ear again. "Gia has ruptured her eardrum. This could be from her hitting her head or having constant ear infections. From the blood and the fever. It's major and we don't have time to see if drops close it. We are going to perform a surgery to close the hole called a Tympanoplasty. We take a small piece of skin from the back of her ear and put it on the hole so it will close." The doctor explains reading his notes.

Lorenzo nods. "Okay..... check the other ear for infections too just in case it needs to be healed as well." He says and they prepare the surgery.

The doctor looks in her ear. "She has a small infection but you have the drops and the antibiotics after surgery will help. We are waiting on a surgery room so we probably won't be able to get her back for a few hours. If she wakes up and she is in pain again call and the nurse can come and give her something."The doctor leaves the room.

Gia sleeps for a while longer and wakes up. "Can we go home now?" She asks not understanding why she is still at the hospital.

"They're still preparing for your test baby. We should eat first." Lorenzo says and walks her to the restaurants. "Which do you like?" He asked and Gia points to a fancy restaurant.

"I want that one daddy." Gia says and they head in and get a table. She sits quietly until after they order. "I want my candy from last night." She says bored and getting wiggly because in the rush of getting her out of the house they didn't bring any toys for her.

Antonio pulls one out and gives it to her despite Lorenzo's judging stare. The food comes in and they eatAfter they eat they head back to her hospital room."We have had too many emergencies come in that we won't be able to get to Gia's surgery until first thing tomorrow morning. We would like to keep her over night to monitor her fever." The nurses explains not knowing that Gia doesn't know.