Halloween

Lorenzo's POV
"I just ordered Gia's costume. She's going to be so cute." Antonio said shoving his computer in my face.

"She will like that." I said grinning at Antonio's excitement. This was going to be Gia's first Halloween with us and I think Antonio was more excited than she was .

We never really cared very much about holiday's before but they take on a whole new meaning when you have a kid in the house.

"So I was thinking of doing a night before Halloween with her. Maybe carve pumpkins and do a Halloween movie. Then the following day she will have a Halloween party at school and the parade. Then we are doing the small festival and trick or treat." Antonio said listing everything he wants to do. "What do you think?" He asked.

"Sounds like a lot but she will enjoy it and she's the perfect age to do it all." I said to appease him.

"Another thing I  volunteered with a few of the moms in the class for the party so I'm going to have to make a few things." He said surprising me.

"That'll be interesting." I said laughing.

********************************************
Gia's POV
" I want to cut it open." I said trying to grabbed the knife out of Lorenzo's hand.

"No way. I don't want you to get cut." He said holding it up in the air.

"I won't get cut." I argued back.

"Sit down and figure out what your putting on it." He said bossing me around.

I looked through the stencils and decided on a face where one eye was a moon and one was a star. He finally got the top off. "You need to get out all the seeds and pulp." He said putting the pumpkin in front of me.

I stuck my hand in and Immediately took it out. "I don't like it. You do it." I said making him laugh.

"Nope little girl that's all you."

Antonio picked the perfect moment to come back into the kitchen. "Daddy to the rescue. Can you get the stuff out of there." I said giving him my sweetest look.

"Of course." He said sitting down. He grabbed the pumpkin and started to take the stuff out. "Why are you looking at me like that." He asked Lorenzo who was smirking at him.

"You can't even tell her no. She's your little boss. Lorenzo said laughing.

"Oh well." Antonio said shrugging.

He finished the pumpkin and then Lorenzo helped me carve it. He did a great job.

"Okay little pumpkin. You're going to get a shower, then we are going to have snacks and watch one of Daddy and I favorite Halloween movie when we were your age." Antonio said picking me up and kissing my cheek. He took me upstairs and set me in the bathroom. I got you new Halloween pajamas." He hand me black and white pajamas with skeletons on it. "They even glow in the dark!"

"They are so cool! Thank you." I said excited. I'm so lucky to have both of them. I can't imagine what my life would be like if they never adopted me.

I took a shower then went back downstairs. Antonio and Lorenzo were sitting on the couch. I hopped in the middle and Antonio covered me with a blanket. They gave me popcorn and juice and we started to watch Halloween Town. It was a really good movie about halfway I started to yawn.

"You ready for bed baby?" Lorenzo asked rubbing my arm.

"I want to watch the movie." I said trying to hide another yawn.

I started to struggle to keep my eyes open and my head kept falling.

Lorenzo scooted back so I could put my head on his chest. He started to run his hands through my hair and it instantly put me to sleep. I can always finish the movie tomorrow.

A short little heartfelt chapter! The next few chapters will be around holidays. Also this a chapter where Gia is in a good mood. I have been getting messages stating that Gia is never happy, thankful, or in a good mood. Or stating that I have turned her character into an "annoying spoiled brat." I ignored them at first but it's been constant. Gia is only 9 and already has a strong personality and has had a traumatic life. She's going to have more intense moods and attitudes then the "normal" small child.  Most children don't realize what they have or are thankful for everything their caregivers have done  until they are older and can realize it. Like most children they go through good and bad moods. I have never met a child or even an adult that is happy all the time. I hope this clears up some of the messages. Thank you to everyone for reading and commenting! I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing them.