Overwhelmed

Gia's POV
I have been in the hospital for three days now because I keep struggling to breath. I don't think I have ever been so sick in my whole entire 9 years.

Antonio and Lorenzo are both treating me like glass. It's really nice to have people to take care of you like that. I never had it before I was adopted.

A nurse gave me some packs of play dough this morning so I have been using my chest x ray to make my lungs. I have been working for a long time. Lorenzo was sitting next to me in bed working on his computer while I worked on my lungs. Antonio left a little bit ago to go get food. They have been bringing me food because they said the hospital food is not good for me and I need more nutrients. It's not like I would care, I can eat anything.

All of a sudden the door flew open and in came Leo and Salvatore. They were carrying stuffed animals, flowers, and cheesy balloons that said get well soon. They both wore stupid smiles on their faces.

"Wow!" I said loudly when Salvatore handed me a astronaut bear that had a space suit on.

"See I told you that she would like it." Leo said to Salvatore with a told you so face.

They were going on and on to me and Lorenzo about things and honestly I was getting overwhelmed. I liked it better when it just was Lorenzo, Antonio, and I.

In the commotion, Salvatore set a bag on my play dough lung and squished all the colors and parts together.

I wasn't mad, I was furious. "Salvatore come here." I said trying to keep myself from screaming.

He walked over to me and I smacked him hard on his stomach.

"What the hell? What was that for?" He asked rubbing the spot I just hit.

"You squished my lung. I have been working on it all day!" I screamed and I could feel my heart racing.

No one said anything so I picked the empty play dough cups up and threw one at Salvatore and then the other at Leo just for good measure.

"What did I do?" Leo yelled. "I didn't squish it."

"Do not ever hit me again and stop throwing stuff at me. You're too old to be throwing tantrums like that. Just be happy you're sick little miss. You would be over my knee crying by now." He said sternly.

I started to cry which then started to make me cough hard. I still didn't feel good and I was upset that be ruined my hard work and then had the audacity to yell at me because I gave him what he deserved. My heart was racing and my chest was getting tight. The machine started to alarm.

"Great! Thanks Salvatore you just had to get her upset. She was content before you two walked in. You didn't even ask if you could come see her."  Lorenzo snapped trying to calm me back down.

"I'm here. What's wrong?" Dr. Reece said running into the room.

"She got upset and overwhelmed and she needs a breathing treatment." Lorenzo said getting off the bed.

Dr. Reece got the nebulizer out and put the medicine inside and held it over my nose and mouth. After a few minutes and deep breaths I finally could somewhat breath again.

"She can't get upset like that or her chest will tighten again." He said to Lorenzo. Lorenzo once again glared at Leo and Salvatore.

"It's ruined." I said to Dr. Reece.

"What's ruined sweetie?" He asked.

"I was trying to make my lungs but then he ruined it." I said pointing at Salvatore.

"Aww. I'll get you new play dough and I have some mats that you can use to make lungs on." He said ruffling my hair and leaving.

"I'm sorry I threw the cup at you Uncle Leo." I said making sure I only looked at him and ignored Salvatore.