Hurt Foot

Gia sleeps through the night and wakes up the next morning and sees Lorenzo sleeping beside her. Her heart fills with love when she realizes he didn't want to leave her alone. "Daddy?"Gia calls trying to wake him up.

Lorenzo wakes up and felt a sudden pinch on his neck having strained it for the night. "Hi baby..." He says waking up.

"Good morning" Gia says smiling and crawls onto his lap. She hugs him tightly until she felt him wince. "Are you okay daddy?" She asked concerned.

"I'm fine baby girl." He replies back assuring her that everything is good

Gia smiles in a very good mood. "I get to go to school today!" She says happily while getting off his lap and starts to get her clothing ready.

"Yeah..... You're gonna have so much fun." Lorenzo replies and rubs his neck because the pain ia growing. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"A smoothie daddy"she says starting to get herself dressed. She gets ready while Lorenzo gets her smoothie ready. She goes down and drinks it and soon it's time to go. "Can you carry me to the car?" She asks reaching her arms up to him because she knows she's going to miss him.

"uhhh... sure baby." Lorenzo hesitated but
pushed back the pain nad carried her in along with her backpack and stuffed toys.

Gia watches Lorenzo closely knowing something was wrong. He picks her up with pain etched all over his pain. He puts her down at the car so he can get her into her seat but Gia jumps back so he can't get her in the car. "Tell me what's wrong now." She says.

"What?" Lorenzo asked shock not realizing Gia was watching him the whole time.

"Daddy I'm not stupid. What is hurting?" She asks again giving him a stern look.

Lorenzo didn't want to tell her afraid that she'll feel bad. "My back just hurts a bit." He says and puts her back in her seat. Gia looks at him trying to figure out if he is lying to her. She lets him get her in the seat and doesn't try to get out. She rides to school and soon they get there.
Gia says goodbye then goes into school.

Soon it's the end of the day and Gia comes out with her principal holding her one hand and a younger man holding her other who is her new teacher.

"Hi baby! You had a good day?" Lorenzo asked seeing the smile in her face.

"I had a good day." She says then let's go of their hands and wraps her arms around Lorenzo's thigh. "This is my new teacher Mr. Scott." She says to Lorenzo really liking her teacher. He shakes Lorenzo's hand.

"Good afternoon, I hope she will keep being good for you in future." Lorenzo acts as if he didn't know him buti he is one of the guys he hired to keep Gia safe.

"She was a really great kid today. I have no doubt that she will be a great student." He says smiling at Gia and nodding towards Lorenzo. He and the principal go back inside. Gia opens the car door and gets herself buckled in knowing Lorenzo is still in pain. "Do you still hurt daddy?" She asks sweetly.

"A bit but it'll go away. What do you want to do today Gia?" Lorenzo asked changing the subject.

"Hmm..." She says thinking. "Let's go to the park!"She says becoming excited.

"Will you stop playing if I tell you to?" He asked Gia, looking at the mirror to see her reaction.
Gia hesitated for a second but then smiles and nods her head. Knowing secretly she's going to be difficult because Lorenzo won't be able to chase her around.

"Nope." Lorenzo replied reading her mind. She has this mischevious grin which always gives away her plan.

"What!" She screams. "That's not fair. I said yes." She says becoming angry that he knew her plan. She kicks his seat hard.