Bad News

Lorenzo's POV
Over the pass week a lot has happened. We flew back home finally. Antonio came back home and Gia has been sick off and on since. We finally were able to get her into a doctor.

"She keeps having chronic strep throat. She has not had proper medical care and it was never properly treated. The best course of action for her would be to get her tonsils taken out." The doctor explained while writing notes.

"Isn't that extremely painful?" I asked not wanting to put through that pain.

"It is usually easier to do it when they are nine and under. She will be hurting but not for two long." He explained.

"If we decided against the surgery, will she keep getting strep throat?" Antonio asked.

"Yes and the more times she has strep throat, the more scare tissue that forms and her tonsils will keep growing. It will be easier to get them out now while she is young then wait and put her through more pain in a couple of years." He said.

We decided to set up the surgery. He was able to fit us in the next day. He wrote us prescriptions to get for her, what she can eat, and what things will help ease her pain. We were not excited or ready at all for this surgery.

**********************************************
Gia's POV
I was not looking forward to this at all. Nothing they were going to do was going to feel great. I didn't want to be in pain and I didn't want my throat to hurt.

All four boys have tried everything in their power to try to make me feel better. They have bribed me with so many things. Lorenzo and Carlo even promised to take me to Disney World once I felt better. As good as it sounded I was still having a hard time.

Right now it was so early the sun wasn't even up. The surgery was scheduled at 9 but they wanted us to come at 4am. It made no sense.

Right now it was just me and Lorenzo in the car. Antonio, Carlo, and Salvatore are coming later before I get pulled back.

"Daddy? My throat doesn't even hurt anymore so I think we can go back home." I tried for the 100th time.

"Baby once it's over , it's done and you won't get so sick so often."

"I won't be bad ever again. I'll listen and not be sassy all the time. Can we go home?" I asked ready to promise him the world if he wouldn't make me go through with this.

"Gia this has nothing to do with you being sassy or not listening. We want you to feel better." He said while watching he through the car mirror.

He pulled up to the children's hospital and parked the car. He opened my door and instantly picked me up and had me on his hip. I think he knew I wasn't walking in there.

He got me checked in and we were sitting in the waiting room waiting for them to take me back to the room. I was watching the TV on the wall when Lorenzo grabbed my wrist that had my hospital bracelet on it.

"They have your old last name listed instead of mine. Wait here so I can fix it." He said kinda mad that they screwed it up. I nodded my head and when he got up he went to the desk and they seemed to be fighting about it.

I looked around and my eyes landed on the door, I then looked to a Lorenzo, and then right back to the door.

Maybe I wouldn't have to get this surgery after all. Well it's been a good run, it's time for me to head out. I quietly got up and walked up to the door and it opened right up. I walked out and wondered the hallways for a while. Until I noticed a nice chair to hid behind. It was perfect I could see out but unless you were small you could not see in. I squeezed myself into a ball and felt safe.