Antonio's Long Day - Part 1

Narrator's POV

Antonio stayed home to watch Gia while everyone else was working. "Daddy?" Gia asks coming into the office where Antonio was working on his computer.

"Yes baby?" Antonio says as Gia goes and sits on his lap.

She lays her head back against his chest. "Can I go outside and play?"

"Give me five more minutes and we can go outside together."

"Daddy!" Gia whines loudly. "I wanna go now."

"Gia please 5 minutes and we can go out. I promise." Antonio said ignoring her whining.

Gia groans and slides off his lap. "You're mean." She says glaring at him and moving so she's not so close to him but a few feet away from him.

"Gia come on, we can go outside but we can't until you stop glaring at me and smile." Antonio tries knowing it's no use when she's in these type of mood.

"No!" She says still glaring hard at him and crosses her arms just to really show her displeasure.

"Gia, don't make me call Lorenzo." He warns knowing that usually does the trick when she acts like this.

Her glare softens for a second and then she continues to glare at him. "I'm going to tell him that you're being mean to me." She says stomping her foot just to really show she's mad.

"I'm not being mean and I won't get in trouble with Lorenzo. Thank you very much." Antonio looks at her again. "Do you not wanna go outside anymore?"

"I do! But not in five minutes. I want to go now." She says still slightly angry at you.

"We will as soon as you stop glaring at me."

Gia goes back over to him and climbs on his lap. "I'm sorry daddy." She says sweetly so he will take her outside.

"Okay we can go outside but first you gotta eat a snack." Antonio says instantly causing Gia to groan.

"No! You said if I stop glaring at you, you would take me out. I don't want a stupid snack." She crosses her arms again and tries to hide a yawn. She's overtired and didn't sleep well last night.

"Here we can go outside for 10 minutes and then we can take a nap until daddy comes home." Antonio tries suggesting.

"No ten minutes is only 600 seconds. That's not enough time for me to play." Gia says getting close to throwing a fit.

"Fine before you have a meltdown let's do this, we go outside for 20 or 25 minutes then we come inside, have a snack, and take a nap. If we wake up before Lorenzo gets home, we can go out again, deal?" Antonio asks not wanting to deal with a meltdown from an extremely overtired and moody nine year old.

"Yes daddy." Gia says with her whole mood changing. She gets off his lap and holds his hand as they go outside together. "Can you play with me on the trampoline?" She asks being way too cute for Antonio to say no to.

"Okay let's go. But remember only 20 minutes."

"She nods her head. She makes him play with her for the whole 20 minutes. "Five more minutes please." She yawns loudly and rubs her eyes.

"Gia you're so tired. Can we please do nap time and then we can go back out and maybe I can get Lorenzo to go with us." Antonio offers knowing her mood is going to be upset until she agrees to nap.

"Am not! You can't tell me how to feel" She follows back loudly. Gia says quickly jumping to the other side of the trampoline so he couldn't grab her easily.