Grandpa Part 1

"But she'll react badly to us leaving her just after her birthday." Lorenzo says sad.

"That's why I made it for tomorrow night. I think if we tell her first thing and give her time to process it, she will be okay. My dad begged to take her so he can spend time with her. Let's see how she reacts and if she is looks upset we will stay." Antonio says smiling finding it funny how Lorenzo is just as attached to her as she is to him.
Gia sleeps completely soundly and sleeps in until lunch time. Which is completely rare. She wakes up and goes downstairs and finds Lorenzo and Antonio.

"Hi daddies!" She says well rested. She goes and sits in the middle. "I had an amazing birthday. Thank you." She says smiling at the memories.
"You're welcome baby!" Antonio says over cheery."Do you want to go spend a few days with Grandpa?He really wants you to go back with him. He even promised he would take you to the beach." Antonio says nervous.

Gia thinks for a while on one hand she didn't want to leave Lorenzo but on the other hand she liked her Grandpa and really liked the beach. "That sounds okay daddy. I get to pack my pajamas." She says not budging on that one. She turns and looks to Lorenzo.

"Are you going to miss me daddy?" She asks softly.

"Of course we are baby girl." Lorenzo says and cuddles her close knowing they'll be separated soon. 

Gia stayed snuggled in tightly to Lorenzo. "Can I have my left over birthday cake for breakfast?" She asks with the sweetest smile on her face.

"You can have a slice." Lorenzo says smiling to her.

Gia cheers happily and hugs him tightly. She eats her cake and then goes into the playroom to pack her toys.

"Here is a binder that has strict instructions on how to take care of her, her routine, her likes and dislikes.Lorenzo says handing Antonio's father the huge binder. "Here is her ear drops just in case she starts holding or tugging her ears."

"I know, I also raised kids you know?" Antonio's dad says and gets the binder

Antonio chuckles loudly while Lorenzo looks at him seriously. "Make sure you read and study it on the plane. She likes routines and structure even if she won't admit it. Also she needs to go to bed at 9:00. she seems like she is struggling to sleep, she likes warm tea and sometimes if you rock her she will sleep. I also made sure to give you her pig and she's been carrying around a duck recently that she will not put down." Lorenzo says explaining everything in the binder slightly stressed that he won't follow it.

Gia comes bouncing down the stairs with her bag of toys and her pajamas. She hands her pajamas to Antonio to put in her bag. "Hi Grandpa!" Gia says happily she tries to jump into his arms but Lorenzo scoops her up and holds her closely.

"Gia, it's imoortant you listen to your nonno.
If you cause trouble or don't listen you're gonna be in trouble when I come back. understand?" Lorenzo says warning her not to be bad.

Gia nods her head quickly not liking his warning. She turns and looks at Antonio. "If daddy's not good you need to give him a spanking. She says making everyone except Lorenzo laugh. Grandpa quickly takes her from Lorenzo. "Give daddy a hug. He says while she hugs Lorenzo and Antonio.

After they say their goodbyes he takes her out to the car and Gia sees a car seat and instantly rolls her eyes. "I'm 10 now and that's entirely too old to sit in the carseat." She says arching her back so her grandpa can't put her in forgetting that he is much stricter than Antonio. She also didn't realize that Lorenzo followed them out to say bye one last time.

"Must we follow throught that warning before you leave?" Lorenzo says turning stern and strict not liking how she's acting.

"Go back inside daddy. Grandpa has it covered." She says not thinking about what she is saying and still not sitting in the car seat.