Meeting Antonio

I instantly put my head down. "Are you going to hurt me?" I asked quietly.

Both of them took a step back and the anger instantly melted from their face. Salvatore put his finger under my chin and forced me to look at him.

"We don't hurt children. I can't even begin to imagine what the assholes in your life have done to you. But we all promise, that we will never abuse you."

Carlo stepped forward next. "Little miss, you are to never take off without telling an adult and especially not to the woods. Do you understand me? He asked sternly making me flinch at his tone. I didn't ever understand why I was in trouble.

"I always play in the woods." I said confused. "Carlo told me to go play. This is where I always played before.

They looked at each other and back at me. "Come on little girl." Salvatore said grabbing my hand tightly and pulled me back into the house. He sat me down in front of the tv and turned on some kid show. He and Carlo went into the kitchen and started to talk in Italian. I stayed in front of the tv and watch it quietly for a long time. Soon Carlo stepped in front of my view.

"Little one, it's time for you doctors appointment. Lorenzo will meet you there." He held out his hand and I took it. He brought me out to a huge truck. "This is Salvatore's truck." He said reading my mind.

He had to pick me up to even get into it. He buckled me up and they listened to the radio on the way there. Once we pulled into the parking lot Lorenzo was leaning against his expensive car wearing a suit.

When we pulled in, he put his phone in his pocket and got me out of the car. "I missed you." He said while lifting me down. He grabbed my hand and took me inside the doctor.

*************************************************
Lorenzo POV
The doctor cut her cast off and his eyebrows raises and told me that she needed another X-ray. He brought her back to the waiting room and urged her to go play at a table that had LEGO's on it.

"Her arm is no where healed. Who ever treated this kid should have their license taken away."

"What do you mean?" I asked turning to look at her playing. But not using her other hand at all.

"They put the cast on while her arm was still swollen. So all this time she has been able to move it. It was never set correctly.

"So what now?" I asked a little frustrated.

"The only thing I can suggest is for us to make an appointment to set her arm correctly. We will put her under general anesthesia. She will be in a splint for a while and then we will need to recast her."

"I don't really want her to go through it again. If you just cast her correctly, wouldn't it heal better?" I asked dreading that.

"She will be in pain for the rest of her life. She will also have an increase chance of breaking it again."

While Gia played, we set up all the surgery and all the appointments. The doctor and I said our goodbyes. Another set of nurses brought her and I back to a room and they casted her once again. Once finished we finally got out of the doctors office and it was starting to get dark.

"Ummmm. Excuse me. I'm hungry." She said as I got her buckled in my car. I figured,  it was almost 5 o'clock.

"We are going to go home and meet Antonio and then we will get something to eat."

She nodded her head and began looking at the stickers the nurses gave her.

*************************************************
Gia's POV
I don't think he knew what hungry meant because he didn't seem to provide me with a reasonable solution to my problem. I was getting more and more ticked off while the ride progressed. First I was starving and starting to become hangry, second I was extremely ticked of that I was once again still in a cast. Third, Lorenzo kept talking to people in Italian on the phone and would look at me ever so often in the mirror. I so needed to learn how speak it.

Annoyance was bubbling in my body and I did the only thing that came to my mind. I slammed my casted arm down on the middle console hard and loud. I did achieve one thing though, Lorenzo immediately stopped talking in Italian and swerved over on the side of the road and hung up on whoever he was talking to. His full attention was on me.

"What was that." He asked slightly amused. I stared at him knowing if I spoke, I was going to be in trouble. "That's quite the look on your face." He said sighing. "What do you need little one, I can tell you need attention, so what else?" He asked. Hmmmmm maybe he was actually smart.

"I'm hungry." I said quietly. He raised an eyebrow and then turned so he was facing the steering wheel.

"I will stop and get you a small smoothie. That way we can stop the tantrum and you will still be hungry for dinner." He drove and pulled over at some bright colored store. He came over and opened my door he grabbed my hand and pulled me out. He took me inside and order a small strawberry banana smoothie. Once it was done he grabbed my hand and put me back in the car. "Next time use your words instead of slamming your arm down on the console."he handed me the smoothie and kissed my forehead before shutting the door.

The ride home was quick as I was content with the smoothie. When we walked into the house, a man was standing in the kitchen. He was tall and strong but not as strong as Salvatore. As soon as he heard us, he turned around so fast and walked up to me. "She's perfect Salvatore. Hi sweetheart! How are you? I'm Antonio, your other dad".

Please leave suggestions for the next chapter!