Going Past it

Lorenzo POV
We landed around 1am. I carefully lifted Gia up from
her seat in the plane and carried her to our car. I set her in the back seat and buckled her in. I drove while Antonio rode in the passenger seat.

When we got back to the house. Antonio got Gia and took her to her room but did not succeed in making the bed transfer without waking her up.

"Where is daddy?" I heard her voice ask. I was hoping she would go back to sleep.

"He's getting ready for bed. It's still late."

"I want to sleep in your bed." She said. I knew that Antonio would cave and bring her in. A few seconds later Antonio came in with Gia following behind him. I smirked and she crawled up the middle of the bed and laid down. Luckily she went right back to sleep.

*************************************************
"Little one I have to go to work." I said trying to unlatch her arms from my waist.

"Please take me with you." She said close to tears.

"You'll have Salvatore and Antonio here." I said still trying.

"I want you." She said.

Salvatore came and tried to unlatch her arms. But she wouldn't let go. He would unwrap her arms and she would just as quick wrap her legs around mine. She was quick.

"Gia come on. I'll be here with you. Why are you acting like this?" Salvatore asked, slowing losing his patience.

She has been glued to me since coming back to me.

"Gia, work is boring and no place for a kid." I said trying. After what seemed like forever I got her to let go and I quickly handed over to Salvatore. I walked out of the house quickly before I decided to stay home. I would only put a half day in today.

*************************************************
Gia's POV
When Lorenzo left I was sad and mad. When he walked out the door, I was in Salvatore's arms. I completely lost it and started to become angry. I started to thrash and push myself from Salvatore. He didn't put me down at first. But after a few times, he walked over and sat on the couch and set me next to him.

"I know your upset. What do you want to do while we wait for Lorenzo to come back?" This actually took me back a little bit. I was expecting to get in trouble usually Salvatore doesn't like when I throw tantrums

"I want Lorenzo!" I aid becoming more angry.

"If Lorenzo was here, would he be happy with this?" He asked while pointing to me. Honestly he would not be if he heard my tone of voice.

I shook my head no.

"Are you calm to talk?" He asked.

I think I was. "I didn't want Lorenzo to leave me again. I just got back to him." I said while I started to chew on my fingers.

"Not your fingers. Here is one of your fidget toys." He handed it to me.

"Do you want a snack?"

I shook my head no.

"Do you want to watch a movie or go on your iPad?"

Again I shook my head no.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I want to go in the car to Lorenzo's work." I said matter of factly.

Salvatore sat back against the couch. I followed what he did. "You're something else. Do you know that?" He asked looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders.