Hard Feelings

Gia's POV
I was sitting in Leo's car extremely mad but I didn't kick his seat even though I really wanted to. I learned my lesson the first time.

He pulled into the airport and I cringed. "We are picking up Nonno." He said parking and then turning around to look at me.

I sighed and tried to blink back tears.

"What's wrong?" He asked once he saw me crying.

"See! I told you that Lorenzo and Antonio didn't want me." I said and really started crying.

"That's not true. Why are you saying that?"

"Because i wasn't even the bad one and they made me go away. I didn't even do anything. Gabby gets to stay there and I had to leave." The more I thought about it. The more that I felt her words held more truth.

"Come here." He said and pulled me up into the passenger seat next to him. He wrapped an arm around me and grabbed a napkin from his door and wiped my tears.

"They love you. Lorenzo thought it would be a good idea to give you a break."

"I don't want to go back there ever again." I said.

Leo didn't say anything else but held me. Some how Leo went from being my least favorite to my most favorite uncle.

"I promise you Nonno and I will make this right okay? We are going to get food and then spend some time at my new house. Then I will talk to Antonio and Lorenzo." He said.

He got out of the car and then carried me out and set me on the ground. Not long after Nonno came out of the airport and once he saw me, he had a huge grin on his face. He scooped me up and kissed my forehead. He also gave Leo a hug.

"I missed you." He said hugging me tightly. Leo took me from him and buckled me back into the car. They stayed outside and talked. I could tell they were talking about me because ever so often they would look at me.

Finally after forever, they both got in the car. Leo was driving and Nonno was sitting in the passenger.

"I'm hungry." I said now just noticing how hungry I actually am. I should have not been so stubborn last night and actually ate dinner.

"We're going to get breakfast." Leo said from the front seat.

He pulled into a restaurant. They sat us in a booth and gave me a menu and crayons to color on.

Leo and Nonno mostly talked in Italian to one another. "What do you want to drink?" Nonno asked pulling my menu away from me so he could read it.

"Chocolate milk." I said while he ordered the drinks.

"Now what do you want to eat?" Leo asked giving me an intense look.

"Waffles and an omelette and pancakes." I said listing everything I wanted.

"You are never going to eat 3 things. How about you get waffles and I will let you have some of my Omelette. If you are still hungry we can order something else." He said while giving me my menu and crayons back.

I accepted it. While we waited for food, Nonno played tic-tac-toe with me. When the food came, I ended up eating my entire waffle, half of Leo's omelette, and two pieces of Nonno's toast. I told them I was hungry.

After breakfast, we went and saw Leo's new house. Him and Nonno carried stuff into the house while I sat on the floor in the living room and read some book that Leo had on economics.

"Come on baby, it's time for you to go home."
Nonno said from the entrance of the living room.

"I'm not going home. Didn't uncle Leo tell you that I am never going home again." I said not moving from my spot in the living room.