Rough Day

Lorenzo's POV
Gia woke up from a nightmare crying and screaming. "Sweetheart what can daddy do to help you?" I asked starting to become concerned because she has been panicked for a long time now.

"Nothing." She cried out and then began coughing. She was short of breath and shaking and sweating.

"Do you want to go swimming and the park?" I asked ready to give her anything in the word. The one thing no one prepared me for was how your heart breaks for your child when they are this upset.

"Nooooo." She cried out again. "I want you to hold me." She said. I picked her up off the bed and she instantly wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my hip. I rocked her for a while and finally she was just sniffling.

"Are you hungry ?" I asked while she played with the strings on my sweatshirt.

"I want waffles." She said while I looked at Antonio.

"We will go eat breakfast out today." I said while Antonio threw a shirt on. "Are you wearing sweatpants?" I asked laughing a little bit. Typically Antonio was the reason him and I always dressed to impress every time we leave the house.

"Yep, if pipsqueak over there can wear pajamas. I think we can go in sweatpants." Antonio said putting sneakers on.

"No you have to wear a suit." Gia squeaked out from the bed.

"Why?" Antonio asked confused.

"Because I said so." Gia said laughing.

"Oh you say so hmmmm?" Antonio said walking closer to her. She scooted as far back in the bed as she could and gave him a come and get me look.

He grabbed her and started to tickle her stomach. She was laughing hard but not trying to get away. "I'm not going to stop until you tell me you love me." He said grabbing her foot.

"I love you." She said and he stopped. She was breathing heavily.

"I'm going to take this kid upstairs and throw her in the lake." Antonio said throwing her over his shoulder and winked at me.

"Yay!" Gia said loudly and they disappeared up the steps.

I got myself ready and found Antonio and Gia laying on one of the seats together. They were looking at something on his phone.

"I want to go to the beach." She said pointing at something.

"What are you two doing." I asked sitting beside them.

"Showing her pictures." He said handing her over.

We went and ate breakfast. When we came back, we got ready to go to part of the lake that Is set up like a beach. It has a little play ground, an ice cream stand, and a picnic area. We figured Gia could play the whole day.

We let her play there until after dinner time. She had to be exhausted. She went nonstop from the moment we got here. Antonio was admiring his tanned abs.

"I think it's time to take our kid back to the boat." I said standing up and brushing sand off my shorts.

"You think she's going to agree?She's still playing hard over there." He said turning his head towards Gia who was sitting in the sand with another little girl. They were building sandcastles.

It was a perfect moment because her parents told her it was time to go. She hugged Gia and left. "Your turn too baby, let's go back to the boat." I said walking over to her.

"I'm not ready to go yet. Please a little bit longer." She begged.

I sighed deeply and didn't want her to throw a tantrum. " you can have 5 more minutes and then we have to go back so you can shower and eat dinner."  I said walking back to Antonio.