Rainy days

Lorenzo POV
When we took Gia out here we didn't anticipate that today would be such a rainy day. It was pouring outside, so we had to stay in the cabin of the boat. Gia was great the first half of the day. She suckered us into watching Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Then she played on her iPad for a a good 2 hours. Then Antonio had the bright idea to play some board games.

"Haha I win again!" Gia said for the third time. She was literally good at any game she played. I could see the calculations swimming in her head. She always knew what move to make, where to go, and exactly how to throw the dice to land on the number she needed.

We thought it was amazing at first but still it's embarrassing to be continuously beat by a nine year kid.

"Do you know how to play Checkers?" Antonio asked pulling out that game.

"I do." She said helping him set up the pieces.

"How about daddy and I play on a team and we play against you?" He asked winking at me.

We started playing. This game took a little longer and a few times we stumped her.

We took her last piece. "Yes! We both screamed out at the same time. She looked at us and tried to hide her smile.

"You're not upset are you?" I asked studying her face.

"Of course not. I'm not a baby." She said helping clean up the game. "Can we play outside yet?" She asked and started bouncing on the bed.

She started to fall off the bed and Antonio caught her by her sweatshirt hood. "Sit down before we have to take you to the hospital."

I could hear it was still pouring and she was becoming more and more hyper in the small space. "Gia calm down." I said standing up and grabbing her. I put her on the bed and turned to Antonio and I heard the smack before I felt it. She literally spanked me.

I turned around and she was laughing so hard she was crying. "Gia! I can't believe you just smacked me." I growled at her.

"I spanked you." She corrected me.

"You don't spank adults." I said grabbing her and putting her on her bed. "You're in time out until I tell you." I shut the curtain to the bed. She laughed for a while, apologized at least 50 times, and then it was silent. I could tell she fell asleep.

"Non osare, cazzo, ridere! (Don't you fucking dare laugh) I said when Antonio started to laugh at me.

"She really let you have it." He said trying hard not to cry.

"That's your kid." I grumbled back. We both laid in the bed and relaxed together and started to watch a movie. Soon we both were sleeping too.

*******************************************
Gia's POV
I woke up and it wasn't a good refreshed feeling. It was an aggravated, grumpy feeling. I pulled the curtain back. I knew I was supposed to be in timeout still. But I couldn't not lay there anymore. I crawled out of the bed and hopped up.

Antonio and Lorenzo were snuggling in bed with an adult movie on the tv. I took the remote and changed it to baby shark so they had a nice surprise to wake up to.

I was standing there when I noticed the boat keys on the counter. I grabbed them in my hand. I looked at them for a second trying to weigh the pros and cons in my head. I was probably already on thin Ice because I spanked Lorenzo. But it felt so freeing and I have wanted to hit them back so many times.

I climbed the ladder and luckily the rain made it so much easier to open. I put the key in the ignition and the boat turned right on. I sat there for a while and as I was going to untie the boats. Lorenzo came up the stairs fast.

"What are you doing?" He screamed out at me. He wasn't mad. He was furious. I was actually a little scared.

"I was going to take the boat for a drive." I said while he took the keys out.

He didn't say anything. Just stood me up and spanked me once hard. So hard that even my hips went forward.

"Oww!." I said as tears sprang to my eyes. "That hurt." I said and smacked him back on the hand.

"Gia.... You are in more trouble then you can even comprehend. Do not hit me." He said with his teeth clenched together.

"You hit me first!" I said wiping tears from my eyes.

"Go down stairs and sit your bottom on that bed. I need to calm down." He said opening the door.

I quickly went past him and went down the stairs. I launched myself on the bed. Antonio was still sleeping. I crawled up on him. "Daddy, Lorenzo is going to kill me and feed me to the freshwater sharks." I said to a half asleep Antonio.

"He is not. What did you do?" He asked yawing. He let me me snuggle up to him in bed.

"I took the keys and turned the boat on." I said quietly. He sighed loudly but didn't say anything more.

Lorenzo took a long time to come back down. When he did, I shoved my face into Antonio's chest.

"Gia come here and talk to me." He said. I shook my head no and wrapped my arm around Antonio's arm. I think Antonio was secretly enjoying me cuddling him.

Lorenzo grabbed me and pulled me away. He sat back down with me on his lap. "Why would you think that was a relatively good idea?" Lorenzo asked staring right through me.

"I just wanted to drive it?" I said barely above a whisper.

"You can't drive a boat by yourself. You're 9 years old Gia. Your a little kid."

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"Well you and I definitely need to spend some time together." He said stopping me in my tracks.

I knew exactly what that meant and it did not sound good. "Daddy, I won't do it ever again. I'm sorry." I tried scooting off his lap but he held me tightly.

"I'm going to go get something for us to eat for dinner." Antonio said standing up.

"Daddy! No I want to go with you." I cried and latched onto him like a kola.

"Gia, come on. Let's not do this." Lorenzo said trying to pull me off.

"Maybe we should do this later" Antonio said instantly breaking. He started to rub the back of my head.

"No Antonio. She was going to take the boat."

They looked at each other for a long time. Finally Antonio broke. "Get it over with." He said and handed me over. I felt like I was being handed over.

Lorenzo watched Antonio leave and then his attention went right to me. "Gia baby, this is the last think I want to do right now."

He said sitting on the bed and making me stand in front of him.

"Then don't. No one is making you." I pointed out.

"You know better than to take a boat and drive it yourself."

I started to try to focus on anything other than him. Once he figured out I wasn't paying attention. He laid me over his lap. "You're getting ten. I don't want you to ever think about doing this again." With that he started. He spanked hard and fast and by the time it was over. I was
sore.

He pulled me up and cradled me on his lap. "You need to be a good girl." He said softly kissing my head.

He didn't let go of me until Antonio came back in with bags of food. Lorenzo and Antonio sat on the bed and sat me in the middle we all ate while we watched tv. Bedtime, I refused to sleep on my own bed. I need comfort. I slept in the middle and tossed and turned forever until Lorenzo in his sleep finally rolled on his stomach. I grabbed my blanket and laid it on top of him. I moved so my face was resting on his back and I grabbed a fistful of his T-shirt. I took a deep breath and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you would like to see next.