Return

Gia's POV
"This is the exact reason. I didn't want you two to take her." Lorenzo said squeezing me tightly against his chest.

I didn't see what happened to the men that tried to hurt me. But taking some of the things that Lorenzo and Antonio say in Italian. It wasn't good. No one has figured out that I learned Italian in the two weeks that I was kidnapped. I hear better drama and secrets that way. I just have to act like some dumb kid and they never suspect anything.

"My neck hurts." I said. My voice was horse and my throat hurt to talk.

Lorenzo set me down on the counter and got frozen vegetables out of the freezer. He wrapped them in a towel and held them to my neck.

He was glaring at Nonno and Grandpa. They just stood there looking like guilty kids with their hands in the cookie jar.

I had to make Lorenzo less mad at them. I have been on the receiving end of too many of his glares. It was brutal.

"Thank you Nonno and Grandpa. I had a lot of fun today." I choked out sweetly.

Lorenzo looked at me and instantly relaxed. "You're a sweetheart." He said kissing my head. Only when I want to be.

**********************************************
"Gia Rossi!" Lorenzo bellowed while gripping my arm and smacked me on the butt hard. It stung badly.

"Ow!" I said loudly while my hands flew back to rub out the sting.

"Don't you dare touch my baby." Grandpa said loudly. He smacked Lorenzo upside the head. I tried to hide my laugh.

"Your baby just told me the f word in Italian when I told her she couldn't go outside." Lorenzo said.

"Well clearly you and Antonio have been saying it too much if she picked up on that word." Grandpa pulled Lorenzo's hand off my arm and picked me up. "She doesn't know how to even speak it."

I nuzzled my face into Grandpa's shoulder just to make Lorenzo annoyed.

"I just wanted to go outside Grandpa. Daddy has been keeping me trapped inside all day." I whined knowing exactly how to play him.

"Let her go outside. She's a child." Grandpa said putting me back down. "Go play baby doll."

I turned around and ran out of the house. I was bouncing on my trampoline. I was walking on the outside around the net when my foot got caught in the net. I fell to the ground and my right arm hit the ground first.

It hurt badly. I got up in horrible pain. I tried walking to help it feel better but it hurt so badly, it took my breath away. I definitely was not going to tell Lorenzo, he will be once again mad at Grandpa. I was just going to muscle through it.

I forced myself to stay outside because I knew it would look suspicious if I went inside . I had to literally hold my wrist with my other hand.

"Gia come inside please." I heard Lorenzo say. I was sitting in my swing set.

I slid down the slide and went into the house. Antonio made dinner. They had my plate sitting at the table. I gently laid my arm down on my lap and started trying to eat with my left hand.

"What are you doing? Eat with your other hand." Lorenzo said watching me fail trying to eat.

"I always eat with this hand." I argued back.

Lorenzo gave me a strange look but left me alone. It took me forever to eat with this hand but they all sat there waiting patiently.