After Surgery

Lorenzo POV
They got Gia back to the room and got her changed into a gown and set up with an IV. I didn't know if she was afraid of needles and was afraid of the freak out that would ensure but the nurse knew what she was doing and explained and talked to Gia the whole time and she was completely fine

"I gave her something in her IV to help calm her nerves. We will be ready for her in a few minutes." She said while walking out. I walked over to Gia and kissed her head and grabbed her hand. "You know I love you right?" I asked. I could tell she was beginning to become out of it.

"Obviously. I am pretty great." She said

When they were ready to take her back, I'm not sure she even knew what was going on luckily. The surgeon who took her back had a conversation with her about space and planets and she waved goodbye and that was it.

I think I was more upset than she was. She was back there for two hours until the nurse finally came out. "Gia is becoming awake and wants her dad." She said.

Antonio and I stood up. We walked back and Gia was crying and shaking.

"I want water." She cried barely having a voice.

"You can't have water yet sweetheart. Here is a popsicle." The nurse said trying to calm her down.

"Why is she so upset?" Antonio asked equally as shocked as I was.

"Just like adults, some kids are happy when they wake up, some are angry, some cry, and others are just sleepy." The nurse explained.

"Hey baby, Daddy and I are here." Antonio said rubbing her head. She looked rough.

"I want water!" She said loudly and ripped the blood cuff and the pulse monitor off in one go.

"She's been doing this for the past 30 minutes. She's a handful, isn't she?" The nurse asked chuckling.

"Why can't she have water?" I asked confused. If that is what she wanted why wouldn't they give it to her?

"She tried a little bit ago and choked. We need to be careful because she could start bleeding."

She was becoming more and more aggressive. She ripped the blood pressure cuff off two more times.

"Enough Gia." I said not wanting her to make the nurse's life too hard.

"Shut up Lorenzo."

My mouth dropped open. I knew she wasn't in her right mind.

"She's still coming off anesthesia. She doesn't know or will remember what she is saying." The nurse ensure after seeing my face.

She kept shivering and crying. Finally I sat next to her in the bed and wrapped my arm around her. Once she felt me. She finally stopped and went to sleep. She was a lot less trouble when she's sleeping.

They kept her over night due to her having a fever which I was almost thankful for. I stayed with her and everyone else went home. She was only content if she was in my arms so that's how I spent the next 24 hours with her curled up in the hospital bed
**********************************************
Gia's POV
The next three weeks were absolute torture. My throat and ears have never hurt so bad. It was finally starting to go away. I could pretty much each everything now except hard and crunchy stuff.

"Come on Little Miss. Let's clean up some of these toys." Carlo said referring to my mess in the living room.

"I can't. I hurt when I bend down." I said not telling the full truth. I have been able to use this surgery to my fullest extent.

"No Gia, you were just trying to do flips on the trampoline. Clean your toys up." Salvatore bossed like normal.

"You're not the boss of me right now. Lorenzo and Antonio are home." I sassed back at him.

"Your mouth is going to give you a sore butt." He informed me while standing up and crossing his arms. 

I copied his look and crossed my arms too. "Daddy won't let you spank me." I said glaring at him.

"Want to bet?"

I shook my head and laughed. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you." I said not realizing what I just said until he gasped. I guess this was my first time ever saying that to someone who wasn't Lorenzo.

He picked me up and squeezed me tight in his arms. "I can't breathe." I said trying to push back.

"I love you too." He whispered in my ear. "Now clean your toys up."

I rolled my eyes so much for getting out of that.

Sorry for the short chapter! Please let me know what you would like to see next.