Bonding

"Are you sure you two will be okay?" I asked a little nervous. Gia hasn't in the best mood lately and with her concussion she has been escalating a lot.

"I think I can handle a little peanut." Salvatore said. She's asleep now anyway and when she wakes up I'll get her chicken nuggets."

This was going to be an interesting night. We have to leave Gia with Salvatore for most of tonight while we went to important work dinner with my father and brother. Carlo had a family emergency so he had to fly home earlier.

************************************************
Gia's Dream **********
I was walking down a dark hallway where there was a light at the end of the door. I pushed open the door slowly and he stood there breathing heavily over my mom. "I told you to stay in your room." He said with so much anger in his voice it made my heart race.

"You have ruined everything . My relationship, my life, your mothers life. I told her to never have you." He picked me up and pinned me against the wall with my throat. I was struggling and clawing at his hand to let go. He finally let go and I crumbled to the ground and struggled to breathe. "Awww poor baby can't catch her breath." With that statement be kicked me in the side of the head.
*************************************************
"Gia wake up! Wake up baby girl." I could feel someone shaking me and I slowly opened one eye. Salvatore was sitting next to me. I could feel tears running down my face.

"You were screaming and crying in your sleep." He said while sitting me up in the bed.

"I had a bad dream." I whispered. These weren't dreams though. These were real life events that reply over and over in my dreams.

"You're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you like that again." He said sitting me on his lap sideways while rubbing my back. He pulled a tissue out of a box and told me to blow.

This took me back a little bit. I was use to this from Lorenzo and Antonio and sometimes even Carlo but never Salvatore. Mostly if I get upset around him he lets everyone else handle it. He only steps in when I'm being bad.

"Do you want to eat something baby girl?" He asked softly.  "I'll order you chicken nuggets. "

"My head hurts." I said not being able to shake the dull constant pain that has been in my head since I hit it on the sidewalk. He picked me up and shuffled me in his arms so I was on his hip. He wrapped my blanket around me and took me out to the living room. He turned the tv off and sat me on the couch. He sat down next to me and ordered us both food.

"Do you want to show me the new fidget toys you got with your Nonno?" He asked.

I got my basket of toys and showed and explained to him how each one worked and what the name was. I could tell he wasn't really interested but he pretended to be. The food came and we sat on the couch and ate together. He did stuff on his phone while I entertained myself for a while.

"Let's get you ready for bed, baby girl." He held out his hand and walked me into the bathroom. I quickly showered and he got pajamas out. I got dressed and then he helped me brush and blow dry my hair and brushed my teeth. He took me into my room and he sprayed the pillow most and started my diffuser. He tucked me into bed and read a few pages of my book. I still wasn't asleep.

"Not tired?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Do you want to go rock? He asked. I said yes and he took me back out. He sat in the chair and set me on his lap. He covered us both up and began rocking slowly. I know I fell asleep quickly.

************************************************
We walk back into the room and I was expecting to hear yelling and crying but it was dead silent. We turned the lights on and were met with the cutest thing. Salvatore and Gia were both sleeping in the chair together. I smiled to myself knowing that Gia has gained another life long protector.

Short chapter! But thanks for liking and commenting on the story!