School

After two long weeks, Gia was finally more like herself and we were cleared to fly home.

"Are you going to be a good girl and get on the plane or are you going to throw a tantrum?" Salvatore asked Gia.

"I'm going to be good. I'm not going to throw a tantrum ever again." She said playing with some small toy in her hand.

Gia was true to her words. When we got to the airport she grabbed Salvatore's hand and went right into the plane and sat in her seat. Salvatore seat belted her in and kissed her head. "I am so proud how brave you are being." He said while sitting in his seat.

We took off and she kept herself busy with looking out the window. Once we were steady up in the air. I got out the food and handed it to everyone.

"Are you mad that I was bad last night?" Gia asked looking straight at Lorenzo.

"Of course I'm not mad at you. Why do you think that?" He asked shocked and confused.

"Well you're not bossing me around or talking like normal."

"Do you need me to get bossy?" He asked slightly smirking.

"I like the old Lorenzo." She said and dropped the conversation.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked while she played with whatever  she had in her hand. She shook her head no. "Do you want to come sit on my lap and draw?" He tried again. Once again she said no.

"Come here and sit with me." He didn't give her much of a choice and unbuckled her and pulled her onto his lap. "Why are you quiet?"

She shrugged her shoulder. "I want to watch a movie." She said while leaning back.

I got her iPad and handed it to her. She started to watch Frozen. She was very calm for the whole flight. By the time we got home and ate dinner it was her bedtime.

"Do you want to do bedtime tonight." Lorenzo asked.

"No. You need to go and give her some love. She feels like you are still mad at her. Remember she is just a little kid." I said knowing what both of them needed. Lorenzo nodded and scooped her up in his arms and kissed her cheek. "Say goodnight to Antonio" he said while she hugged me.

*********************************************
Gia POV
"Now we are going to do a few diagnostic tests to see what level she falls into. That way once she starts we will know what supports to provide so she is successful." The school psychologist explained.

"If she is behind, we will hire tutors to support at home too." Lorenzo said.

I was smart no one knew it yet.

The school psychologist took me away from Lorenzo and Antonio and took me into a smaller office. "Have a seat honey." She said nicely.

She began by putting letters in front of me. I had to say the letter name and sound. Did she think I was in preschool. Then she moved onto words and then longer words. I think she was surprise when I flew through the test. She then handed me a math test and once again I finished quickly. This was like baby work.

"We are going to do something called an IQ test. On the computer the directions will be read and then you will answer the questions. She slid the laptop in front of me and then I got to work. It was sometimes tricky and sometimes easy. The whole test took like two hours and my brain hurt. When I was finished, she wrote my score on a paper and finally brought me back to Lorenzo and Antonio.

*************************************************
Lorenzo POV
When she brought Gia back in I was relieved but also nervous what they were going to say. Her past school records were awful. She has missed half a year of school every single year. I was afraid to find out how far behind she was.