20

CHAPTER 20: THE TRUTH

A/N POV

"JUNG NARA" She heard a manly voice yell from inside. It's been over 2 hours since NaRa kicked her out, She didn't even realize they came back. The door next to her opened and the first thing She heard was a gasp.

SeokJin was there looking at her with sadness. He immediately brought her up and wrapped her in a warm blanket and brought her inside. She hugged herself while her teeth were chattering. She saw everyone staring at her in shock, everyone except NaRa who was glaring through her soul.

"Jung NaRa, what have you done to my daughter?" JunHyeok asked with gritted teeth, anger visible through his eyes. "Just thought this slut a lesson" NaRa replied rolling her eyes with her arms folded across her chest.

"You Bitch! What have you done?! You don't even deserve to be called a mother!" Jungkook spat at her, taking the shivering girl in his embrace protectively. She leaned in towards his touch, feeling the warmth spread through her body.

Her whole body was shaking badly. Her lips were quivering and her teeth were chattering. Small shaky breaths escaped her mouth every few seconds. "I can't believe dad married such a monster" Taehyung said shooting daggers at her.

"You know, marrying you was the biggest mistake I've ever made" JunHyeok said chuckling painfully. "Why're you saying this babe? Everyone treats her like this" NaRa said controlling her tears.

"Which is exactly why she's so vulnerable. She deserves a lot better than who she's ended up with." JunHyeok spat. Namjoon walked in front of NaRa with an angered look on his face "Why exactly do you treat her like an outsider?" He asked, poking his inner cheek with his tongue.

"Because she fvcking deserves it!" She yelled with clenched fists.

*SLAP*

A slap echoed through the room. NaRa looked up to see Hoseok glaring down at her. He was the last person she expected to defend her daughter. "She deserves a lot better than you Jung NaRa. Dad never loved you! He only married you to get Y/N, but he thought to keep you in case things would work out well" Hoseok spat.

"W-what do you mean?" NaRa stuttered. "Did you think I loved you?" JunHyeok asked with a smirk. NaRa's whole world came crashing down hearing that. "I am the rightful guardian of Y/N, she was never Kang Y/N, she was always JEON Y/N" He said emphasizing each and every word.

"N-no that's not true!" NaRa denied. JunHyeok chuckled painfully "I took part in bringing her into this world NaRa, my blood runs through her. You have no biological connection with her."

"H-how" She asked in amazement. "17 years ago, when Jungkook was only 1 year old, my wife cheated on me. After I found that out, I became an alcoholic. I met a girl in the park one day and we immediately fell in love. We had dates and on certain occasions, we would take it further, until one day I found out that she's pregnant with my child." JunHyeok said.

"Her family was poor and disowned her after the news but she still fought to keep Y/N. and when she finally gave birth, she left the world, leaving her child behind. I never got to see her though. And since no one claimed her, Y/N got transferred to an orphanage where you found her, so you see NaRa, everybody in this room has some sort of biological love and connection with her except you." JunHyeok finished.