47

CHAPTER 47 - ACTING

Y/N POV

I woke up, cuddled against Taehyung's chest. I gasped and suddenly backed away, catching his attention. His eyes fluttered open as he looked at me. "Baby..... where're you going?" He mumbled, pulling me to his chest and burying his face in my neck.

Wait? In my neck? Is he going to bite me?! I quickly shoved his head away in instinct making him groan and look at me in confusion. "Bambi.... Are you okay? Why'd you do that?" He asked worriedly.

"N-nothing, I'm sorry" I mumbled softly with a gulp. I should think before doing anything. If they somehow track my behaviour to their secret then I'm done for.

He frowned at my reply as he reached out and pulled me to him. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted my chin up "Doll.... What's going on? You've been acting strange since last night, is anything bothering you Hmm?" He asked in a soft, soothing voice.

I looked down, avoiding his gaze, knowing that I won't be able to lie to his face just like that. "I-I don't know, I-I just had a nightmare last night a-and it's just affected me so much" I muttered.

It wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't the full truth either. "But why're you scared of me? Was I in it?" He asked softly, staring right into my eyes. "N-NaRa...." I lied.

"Why're you suddenly getting nightmares about her. Did you meet her recently?" He asked worriedly. "N-no, I just.... I don't know why, I just suddenly got that nightmare" I sighed.

"You don't have to be scared okay? Oppa won't let her hurt you again?" He said with a small smile. I smiled back with a nod. He put my head on his chest and stroked my hair.

"Do we have school today?" I asked, mentally praising myself for not stuttering. Maybe if I forget the fact that I'm cuddling with a vampire, I'll be fine. But then again, I'm cuddling with a goddamn vampire that can end my life in 321.

But even if he was a vampire, I felt so safe. I buried my face in his loose white tee, making him smile. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Why, don't you wanna go?" He asked with a small chuckle. "No I want to.... But Yeji is gone" I said sadly. I saw his eyes soften "I'm sorry for that baby, we just want the best for you" He said.

"B-but what does YeJi do wrong? And HyunJin too. They both never hurt me Oppa" I said, trying not to anger him.

"I know baby but you know we're not a normal family. We are wealthy and that can be a problem sometimes. Appa has many business partners and rivals that might manipulate the people close to our weaknesses to get power. And you know that you're our weakness right? If they somehow convince Yeji and HyunJin to do anything for them and they blindly agree, what'll happen to you baby? You'll be in danger, am I not right? Besides they had to go to Germany anyway, so it Doesn't make that much of a difference that we sent them 2 days early" He explained.

I thought for a second before nodding

He wasn't wrong though, HyunJin said they would have to go anyway besides, I haven't caught very serious feelings for him either. Im not dating him because I like him, I'm dating him to give him a chance to prove himself.

Yes I do have feelings for him but I still don't know him much. Im not very serious about this relationship. If he ever breaks up with me for whatever reason, I would probably get over it in a week.