Chapter 31

Marlie's POV

I went down to the car and waited for Tony. He showed up a few minutes later. I looked him up and down and found that all evidence of what had transpired upstairs had been replace with his usual facade.

"Ready to go?" I asked him

"Not quite I may have just solved our problem and am having some stuff sent down."

I raised an eyebrow at this. "In the ten minutes it took you to come down here, you managed to solve your heart problem?" I was curious but skeptical.

"Okay, I'll bite. How'd you figure it out?"

He just smiled. "It turns out you inspired my dad to leave the answer encoded in plain sight for me to find."

"What?" I was so confused.

"I'll show you when we get home."

Just them a group of about four men entered the parking lot with what looked to be the miniature diagram of the Stark Expo from the reels.

"Tony, what the hell. How do you possibly think we will be able to get all this back?"

"Use your imagination Marlie." He smirked and started loading up the different pieces.

Tony gets in the car, and I just stand next to the driver's side door and look down at him. There was absolutely no room in this car for me, unless...

"NO! No, no, no."

"What its either this or you're walking."

"Tony its illegal and not safe. What if you wreck?"

He interrupts me. "I'm not going to wreck. You'll be fine." He gets out of the car and takes my hand and looks me in the eye. "Trust me."

My heart starts pounding when he takes my hand and I look into his brown eyes. I don't know why but I do trust him. So, I brush everything aside and nod. He gives me a sweet smile and let's go of my hand.

"So, how are we going to do this?"

He just gets in the car and opens his arms. It takes a minute of trying different positions until we settle on the safest option. I end up sitting across his lap with my feet resting on the center console. Tony had one hand placed on the wheel and the other around my waist keeping me securely in place. Even though how we were sitting wasn't safe, I felt safe the entire time. It was strange to have so much physical contact with Tony, but for some reason it didn't feel forced or uncomfortable.

We got back to Tony's, and he helped me get out of the car. "You know it's a good thing your so tiny or that might not have worked."

I just laugh. "You're one to talk Stark. You're definitely no giant."

He gives me a incredulous look before we both laugh as we carry everything down to the lab. Once everything is set up the mood changes and become more focused on the task at hand.

"So, are you finally going to tell me what you figured out." He just ignored me as he stood looking at a 3-D holographic scan of the Expo model. I stood behind him as he continued to have Jarvis discard the different things from the model. And that's when I saw it.

"Holy Shit he did it!"

Tony turned to me, and I explained. "During my research on the Tesseract we were introduced to a whole new table of elements that didn't exist on earth. I never got the chance to fully study it, but it looks like Howie did, he just didn't have a way to synthesize it."

Tony smiled at me. "Let's finish what you and dad started, shall we."

I give him a real smile and standing next to him and begin to help him figure it out. The model is rendered, and we both look at the new element.