Chapter 52

Marlie's POV

Tony and I take to the air side by side and fly over to the tower, where the tracker places Loki. We fly in just as the others make an appearance. We all head straight to Loki, who is still on the ground from his encounter with the Hulk. We all stand together in different poses as Loki begins to sit up and face us.

"If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink now." He says before Thor gets him up and cuffs him with special Asgardian proof cuffs.

"Get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later." Tony says as we all disperse. Thor and Rogers go to secure Loki. "By the way feel free to clean up." I chuckle at this. Tony has never been one to clean up.

"Who gets the magic wand?" Natasha asks. I get out of my suit and then walk over to her and look at the scepter.

"Strike team is coming to secure it." Rogers says.

"Can I see it?" I ask Nat, who gives me a curious look but hands it over. I get a closer look at the glowing blue gem. I gently brush my finger over it and feel the energy vibrating through my finger and up my arm. I don't know why but the energy seems familiar. I would have kept looking at it if I weren't interrupted by the strike team.

"We can take that off your hands." The leader Rumlow, I think his name is, tells me.

"By all means." I reluctantly hand it over to Agent Sitwell. I don't like this, I'm getting a bad feeling from these guys. I don't know why, but my gut is telling me not to trust them. I push the feeling aside and hand the scepter over and walk over to Nattie and Clint over by the bar.

"Careful with that thing." Nattie warns

"Unless you want your mind erased." Clint finishes.

"Yeah, I'd trust him if I were you. He knows first hand the mind warping effects of that thing." I emphasize. Receiving looks from both him and Nat. "What? It's true."

"Don't worry we'll be careful." Rumlow deadpans.

That feeling is back. The feeling telling me not to trust them. I don't know why, but I can't seem to shake it. I'm about to follow them, but Rogers walks in front of me talking into his comms. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue."

Loki shifts into the Captain. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." He mocks. "I mean honestly, how do you..." He is stopped mid-rant by Thor placing a mouth guard over his mouth, forcing him to be silent.

"Shut up." Thor says. 

I go over and make two drinks. I take a sip of mine and then walk over to Tony and hand him the other. He takes it with a smile. He is out of his suit and sitting on a table next to the Tesseract, which is now sitting in a silver case. I sit next to him and down my drink. It's been a long day and we just sit there in silence. More SHIELD agents show up and Tony and I get up. I go over to the case and calabrate it for the Tesseract before closing it and handing it to Tony. We both follow the SHIELD team as well as Thor and Loki to the elevator. Tony sits down on the case and pulls me onto his lap. I wince slightly when my shoulder hits his chest. He looks at me concerned, but is distracted by the Hulk trying to follow us into the elevator.

"Woah! Woah!" Thor shouts.

"Hey buddy, what do you think? Maximum occupancy has been reached." Tony adds

"Take the stairs." Thor suggests.

I watch as the Hulk gets angrier and angrier. "Stop! Stop!" Tony shout at him, but it is no use. As soon as the doors close, he punches the elevator, causing a Hulk sized fist dent in the door. I just sigh and lean into Tony.

"That's on you. You just lost the rights to some of your percentage. I say I get at least twenty percent now." I tease him tiredly.

He chuckles at this and looks down on me. "Honey, after today you can have whatever percentage you want." I smile up at him as he kisses my forehead.

I lay my head on his shoulder and chuckle. He looks down at me confused. "Is that axe body spray?"

I hear a few other chuckles from some of the agents, but I stay focused on Tony. His cheeks redden slightly as he tries to explain. "I have a can in my desk for emergencies. Relax." I just laugh

We make it down to the lobby and I stand up from Tony's lap. I'm about to follow them when I'm stopped by a few SHIELD agents. "Miss Edwards, we are at you disposal. Where are we needed most for search and rescue."

I notice, that Tony and the others have stopped to wait for me, but I just wave them on. "I'll catch up later, Tony. Go take care of those two." I point to the Tesseract and Loki. I can tell that he doesn't want to leave me but he nods and goes towards the area, where we are going to hold Loki for the night and store the Tesseract.

I turn back to the agents. "Isn't Rogers handling search and rescue?" I ask them.

The one, who seems to be in charge turns to me. "Yes, miss, but he is busy on the ground. He said that you would be able to give us a better idea of the extent of the damage and where we are needed the most."

I nod. "Come with me." I lead them back to the elevator and up to the floor, where the security room is. I go over to a monitor and pull up a map of the city. "Jarvis, give me a damage report. Where is search and rescue needed the most?"

"Here are the areas hit the worst in the battle." Jarvis highlights the different areas and I send it to the phones of each of the agents. They all nod their thanks and leave. After a minute of enjoying the peace and quiet I also leave the room.

I head back down to the lobby and am surprised to see everyone still their, plus Mr. Secretary aka Alexander Pierce. The Hulk is yelling something about stairs as people run about. I see a SHIELD agent getting up from the ground. Something seems familiar about him, but I just ignore it and turn to the others. Tony seems frazzled and I see the Tesseract case sprawled on the ground. I go over and grab it before walking over to the others. "You alright?" I ask Tony.

He looks over at me and smiles. "Never better." I look at Thor confused, but decide to brush it off.

"I still need that case." Pierce says as he goes to reach for it.

"Yeah, no. This thing can't be trusted in your hands. It's how we got into this whole mess. The Tesseract is going to Asgard, where it can be kept safe." I say with such authority the agents in the room hesitate.

"Who are you to make that decision?" Peirce says squaring up to me.

I don't back down. "Marleena Edwards or better known as Eddie, co-founder of SHIELD."

We stare at each other for a moment, me having to look up at the man, but eventually he backs down. Fine Ms. Edwards, you win today, just know that I'll be keeping an eye on you." I feel Tony place a hand on my uninjured shoulder, letting me know that he has my back. After a moment longer, Pierce backs down and leaves the building.

I turn to Tony and see a strange look on his face, that I can't make out. "What?" I ask him.

"That was really hot." He states. Heat rushes to my cheeks as I blush deeper than I though possible. He just chuckles and we all go and drop Loki off at his containment cell and place the Tesseract in secure storage.