Chapter 114

Marlie's POV

The next day Nat and I find ourselves on our way to the UN gathering in Vienna. We arrived late last night and immediately checked into our hotel to get some rest. We're now sitting in a limo on our way to the signing.

Nat and I are both wearing similar outfits. We're both wearing pencil skirt suits, which are just in different styles and colors. She is wearing a deep purple one, that makes her hair standout even more than usual while I am wearing a burgundy one that makes my green eyes pop. Both of us are sporting loose curls in our hair, thought mine is longer by about an inch.

We arrive at the build and are escorted into the main room, which is filled with world leaders and government officials. We stand there a moment when a young woman comes up to us. "Excuse me, Mrs. Stark, Ms. Romanoff?"

"Yes?" Nat say as we both turn to the girl.

"These need your signatures." She says showing us the documents.

"Thank you." I say taking the pen after Nat and sign the papers.

"Thanks." She says and walks away.

As she walks away, I hear footsteps behind us. "I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." A voice says behind us, and we both turn and see Prince T'Challa of Wakanda walking up to us.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." Nat replies.

I nod. "Yeah, it's not my favorite place to be in."

"You seem to be doing all right so far." He says to us and then turns to Nat. "Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill. I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company."

Nat smirks at his refence to the time after SHIELD fell. "Well, I'm not." She says and I nod in agreement.

The prince smiles at this. "And that alone makes me glad you both are here."

"Why don't you approve of all this?" I ask.

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really." I give him a curious look at this, and he explains. "Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." He explains.

"Unless you need to move a piano." I kind older voice says, and I turn to see King T'Chaka of Wakanda. "Ms. Romanoff, Mrs. Stark." He greets the both of us.

"King T'Chaka." Nat and I both say.

"Please, allow me to apologize for what happened on Nigeria." Nat says and I nod in agreement. Even though I had nothing to do with what happened I felt like apologizing was the right thing to do.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." He tells us.

"Yes, so are we." I say back.

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." An announcer says from the podium.

"That is the future calling." T'Challa says then looks to us. "Such a pleasure." He says and Nat and I just nod in goodbye and find our seats.

The first person to speak is the King of Wakanda. King T'Chaka goes up to the podium and begins his speech. "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon... we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria... were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

Towards the end of the kings monologue I notice T'Challa over by the window looking outside and the next thing I know he's shouting and running towards his father. "Everybody gets down!"