Chapter 155

Tony's POV

After putting the twins to bed, I went down into the kitchen to do the dishes. I had a lot on my mind. I couldn't get the time travel do over out of my head. I couldn't shake it. I was so distracted that I lost control of the water sprayer on the sink setting the counter and kitchen shelves wet.

I set the sprayer down along with the plate as I grabbed a towel to dry it off. As I was drying the shelf off, I noticed several pictures had been splattered by the water. I grabbed one of them and dried it off. I then stared down at it. It was the picture on Marlie and I with Peter. We took it as a cover story for his aunt proving that the Stark Internship was legitimate. Marlie and I were standing on either side of Peter. We were all holding up a pair of bunny ears behind our heads. I stared down at Peter and Marlie's smiling faces. I then looked back over at the shelf and stared at a picture of Marlie holding Rosie at her second birthday party.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to look into it and see if it was possible. If there was a chance to bring them back, I had to take it. I set the towel down and walked down to the lab and immediately brought up Marlie's file. Sure enough, there was a new document. I opened it and saw a message from Marlie next to a link. I decided to read the message first.

Tony, I know what happened today and I know it's scary. But this is it. This is what you've been waiting for and your only chance to see me and Rosie again. I knew you would need a little reassurance and I wish I could give it to you. There are too many ways this could go, but it's also your only shot. I know it's scary. The unknown often is, but it could also be worth it. The future can be scary, but it can also be filled with hope. Choose hope, Tony. I know you. You would never be able to rest if you don't at least try. So, try. Try for me. Try for Rosie and Peter and everyone else gone because of Thanos. You never know what may come from it. I mean look at me. I time traveled to the future and lost everything and everyone. I thought it was the worst thing to ever happen to me, but I was wrong. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. It led me to you, and we made a pretty great life together. I've never regretted anything from my past because it gave me you. I never knew how what I was missing till I met you. You changed me. I love the life we built together, our kids, our friends, our family. I never would have had any of it if it weren't for that fateful accident, that I thought was the end of my world. Take the leap Tony and just remember, that no matter what happens next, I will always love you.

P.S. I got a jump start on the time travel thing for you. I don't have time to finish it right now, but I know you can handle it. Have fun and hopefully I'll see you soon.

I reread the message several times taking it all in. Nat was right, this was Marlie's plan. This was our only chance. I opened the link and a diagram of a mobius strip appeared with several detailed quantum physics equations off to the side. I never get tired of seeing how brilliant Marlie truly was.

I spent the next several hours looking over her work and running different simulations as I made adjustments to her model.

"Look at a mod inspiration, let me see what checks out." I mumbled to myself as I played around with different ideas.

"So, recommend one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time, take the mobius strip and invert it, please." I said to Friday.

"Processing..." She said as I watched the model change per my instructions.

She brought it up and I studied it for a moment. "Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp." I said as I grabbed at the particle and adjusted its position.

"That will take a second." I mumbled again to myself.

"Just a moment." Friday responded as my changes began to take shape.