Chapter 128

Marlie's POV

My drive home seemed longer than before as my mind flashed with the visions I had. After touching the stone, I experienced the clearest vision I've ever had. I was show three different versions of the future, each with intricate details of how and why they happened the way they did. None of them are good outcomes, but I can't help but hope that they will lead me to a clearer understanding of the future that I can use to create a better one. It's a lot to process.

Before I left Strange told me that since I've now fully connected with the Time Stone, all my visions should become clearer. He also gave me his number and told me to call whenever I wanted to come back.

When I arrived home, I walked in and went straight to the lab practically ignoring Tony. I knew he was probably starting to worry now, but I needed to clear my head. Since I can't talk to Tony about what I saw, I decided to start a new encrypted journal dedicated to the future. Hopefully, writing everything down will help keep my thoughts organized.

About an hour later, Tony walked into the lab.

"Dinners ready. I made spaghetti."

I didn't look up from my journal as I replied.

"I'm not hungry. Go ahead and eat without me, I'll be out later to help put Rose to bed."

I heard Tony approach before I saw him. I heard him pull up a chair in front of me before reaching over and gently taking the journal from my hands, forcing me to look up at him.

"Marlie, you need to eat."

I shook my head as I took the journal back from him.

"I'm busy Tony, besides I'm not hungry."

Tony gave me a worried look, making me sigh and lean forward in my chair burying my head in my hands as my journal rested on my lap. A moment later I feel Tony's hands slowly bring mine into his own, making me look up at him.

"Marlie, baby, please talk to me. What's going on?"

I sighed as tears began to prick in my eyes. I can't help it. After everything I saw today, I can't stop the emotions that fill me up and strike me to my very core. And in this moment, I want nothing more than to talk to him about it, but I can't. One of the versions of the future I saw today was the outcome of if I told Tony about my visions. Out of the three I saw that one had the worst outcome. Since I can't give him any details, I resign with telling him as much as I can.

"I figured out a way to see and understand my visions clearly. I saw three different variations and none of them good. I need to figure out a way to make the future better and the only way I can do that is by analyzing what I've seen and willing myself to see more."

I then looked him straight in the eyes as a few tears finally spilled over down my cheeks.

"I need to figure this out Tony. I have too and before you ask. I can't tell you anything about what I've seen or how."

Tony reached over and wiped one of my tears away before pulling me into a hug.

"I hate this." He finally said after several minutes.

"Me too." I agreed mumbling into his chest.

After another minute he let me go and looked into my eyes.

"Listen, I know what this means to you. You've been haunted by these visions for five years now. Just take things one step at a time and remember that I'm here. I'll always be by your side and you by mine. You'll figure this. I know you Marlie. You haven't come across a problem that you can't fix. But you can only do that if you take care of yourself. And don't forget, while you're looking into the future to still live in the present."