Chapter 26 - Hanging with the kids

You and Wanda go to where the kids are at and hangout with them. Nate and Cooper where building with Legos and Lila was playing with the Nerf bow at the targets. Wanda sits down with the boys and starts to build the tower with them. You go hug Lila and grab the other Nerf bow with blue and red darts/arrows and you shoot with Lila for a bit until Nate asks if both of you and Lila could come build with them. You both said sure. You put the bows up and Lila put all the arrows/darts into their bin and you both walk over to the three of them and start to build. By the time, Clint comes up the stairs, he hears all you guys laughing and having a great time. He takes a photo and then sends it to Laura and Nat.

Clint: *Knocks on door* Hey there kiddos, dinner is ready. That is an amazing tower and buildings there guys. Did you guys have fun?

Nate & Cooper: Yes. Wanda helped us with the tower and the swimming pool

Lila: Y/N and I did the quinjet and the cabin

Clint: That is amazing. Looks exactly like the tower and quinjet. But where is there a cabin on the compound grounds?

Wanda: Since Tony built it and gave it to us for a wedding gift. It's in the woods not far from the compound. Like a five minute walk out the front doors. Tony did amazing on it.

Y/N: Yah along with my car (that's outside) and my new relaxing quiet room. But we can chat more about that later. I'm hungry, so let's go wash up guys and head downstairs.

Kiddos: Ok *Gets up and washed hands*

Clint: You both will make great parents. You do amazing with them

Y/N: Thanks dad but can you not make me cry right now please?

Clint: Sorry kiddo. Wasn't thinking *Hugs you*

Y/N: It's ok. I'm just trying to be a great sister to them as best as I can right now. Just trying not to think about it and if it doesn't help or work.

Clint: Treatments will work. Wanda, Nat and I and the rest of the team is by your side always.

Y/N: I know *Hugs back*

Clint: Ok, let's go down before the kids eat it all.

Wanda: Clint, what did you make?

Clint: Breakfast for dinner

Y/N: Waffles?

Clint: Maybe. Just go see

Wanda: Ok *Grabs your hand and takes you downstairs*

Once you three get downstairs, you all go and sit down. You are sitting next to Wanda and Lila; the boys are across from you. Clint and Laura are at the ends. You look at your plate and see that the kids put a smiley face on the waffles with strawberries and bananas. You smile then say thank you guys. I love it. You guys all eat then you and Lila help clean up. Just as Wanda was about to get up, she feels her phone go off with a text message. It was from Nat.

Texts with Nat and Wanda

Nat: Hey Wanda, where are you two? I came back from being out for a bit running some errands and both of you were gone. You two, ok?

Wanda: Hey Nat, sorry thought you would have known. Clint came in around 12:30 pm and asked if we want to go see the kids. Before I could say anything, she jumped up from my hug because she was crying and yelled yes. So, we grabbed some clothes and drove out with Clint. We should be back Monday morning before treatment I think Clint said around 9 am we should be back. Is everything ok though? Are you ok?

Nat: Yah I'm ok. Was just worried because you two weren't here but also because she wasn't answering my texts. Wait? Why was she crying? What happened?

Wanda: She was scared that you or I would have gotten mad about her being up around 5 am this morning and going for a walk and then being in her relaxing room without saying anything to anyone. She has been more anxious lately and scared of losing any of us. While she was telling me, I noticed that she was crying and hugged her while sitting on the bed. She is ok now.

Nat: That's good. She will never loose us. Oh, nice picture of the five of you playing and building with Legos. The tower and quinjet look exactly like the actual ones. Will you let her know that I love her please?

Wanda: Yes, I will. I am not sure why she didn't answer you. I'm not sure if she even brought her phone with her. I will ask her, but we just finished up dinner and she and Lila helped clean up. If you need anything, you can always text me. I will make sure to ask and text you promise.

Nat: Thanks Wanda. Hope you guys have an amazing and fun weekend. I guess I will see you guys' Monday. Miss you both

Wanda: Miss you too. I know she loves you. Have a great weekend with the boys. See you Monday

Nat: Yah. See you Monday

While Wanda was not looking, you go up behind her and tickle her sides then hug her so she couldn't move away. You kiss her and ask if you were texting Nat.

Wanda: How did you know?

Y/N: Because I didn't bring my phone and I figured she would have texted you to see where we were at because I didn't see her when we left.

Wanda: Yes, it was Nat. She was just checking in on you. She was just out running errands, this morning.

Y/N: Ok. Hey dad, what are we doing for the rest of the night?

Clint: I'm not sure. What do you want to do?

Y/N: Family game night? Or Family movie night?

Lila & Cooper: Game night!

Laura: Game night it is. Lila and Cooper go grab a few games and bring them to the living room please?

Lila: Ok mom

Cooper: Ok mom

While they go upstairs to grab a few games, you, Wanda, and Clint grab some drinks for everyone, and Laura and Nate go set up the living room for game night. You all meet in the living room and sit down. Wanda places all the drinks that she had down, took the ones that you had and placed them down then she helped you sit down because she could see that you were sore. Everyone else took their seats. The first game to be placed out was Uno. Before the game started, you looked at Wanda then at Clint and asked if it was ok if you told the kids what's going on with you. Clint looked at Laura who nodded then he shook his head.

Y/N: Ok, so I know that your mom and dad told you that I was sick. I am but I am getting better with treatment. I have cancer. I feel tired and sore at times, but I feel ok right now. I do treatment 3x/week for about 3 hours. Everyone at the compound knows and has been by my side. I wanted to tell you guys.

Nate, Lila, and Cooper all get up and come over to hug you and you hug them back. Nate looks at you and asks if you can be on his team for the game. You nod and he sits on your lap. Clint shuffles the cards and gives everyone their 7 cards and Nate goes first. After several minutes have gone by, you and Nate have said UNO (you have a black +4 wild) and Clint has like 15 cards. It's Lila's turn and she puts down a Red 5 then you look at Nate as he puts the card down and he says I win. Everyone cracks up laughing and you hug him. You guys play another game and Lila won that time. Cooper asks if they can play Trouble now and you nod. With Trouble being a 4-person game, everyone has a partner. Nate is with Wanda, Lila is with Laura, Cooper with Clint and you are by yourself. Within like 10 minutes of the game, Nate and Wanda already have 3 of 4 pegs safe. You have 2 of 4, Clint & Cooper have 2 of 4 and Lil/Laura have 3 of 4 pegs. It's now Wanda's turn and Nate moves the piece and says I win. You look at Wanda and speak to her in your mind, saying but smiling.