Chapter 27 - Family Game Night

In Mind

Y/N: Are you cheating over there?

Wanda: I have no clue what you're talking about there love

Y/N: Yah. Are you having fun?

Wanda: Yah, are you? How are you feeling?

Y/N: Yah I am but I have a little headache but ok

Wanda: Need your meds?

Y/N: Please can you grab them? If I stand up, I feel like I'm going to throw up

Wanda: Yah. Just take a few sips of the 7-up there ok?

Y/N: Thanks love

Wanda excuses herself for a few minutes to go grab you one of your meds and comes back and hands it to you. You say thanks and take it. Wanda sits back down and gives you a kiss on the cheek. You smile.

Clint: Shooter, you good there?

Y/N: Yah I'm ok. Just a slight headache and Wanda grabbed me one of my meds to help. A few more rounds than I think I am going to head to bed. I'm starting to get tired.

Laura: How about we call it a night and pick up the games? It's already 9:45 pm and little one over there is falling asleep as well.

Y/N: Ok. Thanks Laura

Clint helps you stand up and takes you upstairs. Wanda helps the kids and Laura pick up and put the drinks in the kitchen and put the games away. Nate looks at Wanda and hugs her. Wanda picks up Nate and takes him to bed. Cooper and Lila say good night and head to bed as well.

Upstairs in your room with Clint

Clint: Shooter, what are you not saying? What's wrong?

Y/N: Nothing really... it's nothing *starts to tear up*

Clint: Shooter, please talk to me *hugs you*

Y/N: *hugs back* I had fun tonight with everyone, but my headaches are getting worse, and the meds are barely touching it. I am anxious all the time and then become sad. I'm trying to keep it together and to be strong for everyone especially for you, mom, and Wanda. I can't wait to marry her, I really can't but I don't know how much longer I can hide the fact that I'm scared.

Clint: Why are you trying so hard? You are perfect the way that you are. You don't have to be brave for us. You already are. Have you told Wanda any of this?

Y/N: Just the anxious part all the time then being sad and not wanting to be around anyone for hours on end but not the scared part.

Clint: Why not?

Y/N: I'm scared that she would think that I'm not good enough for her because I'm scared and not brave like when she fell in love with me. I can't lose her dad. I just can't. I don't know if I could handle losing her.

Clint saw Wanda in the doorway and waved her in. You pull away from the hug not realizing that Wanda heard your conversation with Clint. Wanda looked at Clint and mouthed Thank You. Clint hugged Wanda and kissed her cheek and said good night. I will let you two talk. Wanda came over to the bed and picked you up and sat in bed with you holding on not wanting to let go of her. She kisses your head.

Wanda: Bubs, I will always love you. I fell in love with you. It wasn't because of your powers; how strong you are or even that you can kick the boys' asses. I fell in love with you for being you. You will always have me. You don't always have to be brave all the time. I know that I may look like I'm brave all the time but when I'm on missions, I'm scared. But why didn't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything. Why are you not talking to Bruce about stronger meds?